The Official "McCarty Singlecut" Love Thread!!

I have been REALLY enjoying this new guitar this weekend! It plays and sounds amazing.

It looks great too, in a Vintage LP sort of way that really hits you deep inside. They nailed this Faded McCarty Finish with a nice "Honeyburst" as described in the "Beauty of the Burst" book. Very golden-yellow, but still a Burst on the top, a butterscotch sort of color. It looks a little different in real life than the pics.

One other nice touch is that they stained the Maple binding on the neck and the body a creamy yellow color. I think it looks really good and goes with the vibe of this guitar:

20140824_175615.jpg

20140824_175639.jpg

You can see on the pics of the incoming McCarty Glow that those are just regular Natural Maple.

I kind of like the yellow Maple Binding, I may ask that they do that for my Orange Glow Smokeburst MSC PS I have spec'ed. What do you guys think?

I like the tint on the binding on the MSC quite a bit. It'd look nice with the Orange Glow Smokeburst most likely.

However, I'm not sure it would look as good on the McCarty Glow that you have incoming, since the guitar's color is less yellow.

I do agree with you about the Faded McCarty Burst; they did a beautiful job with it. The tints evoke that classic LP vibe, but honestly, they look a bit more like they glow from the inside, and I think even cooler.

I would call dibs on the HXDA, but I would need a Paisley one!!
icon_e_wink.gif

I'm gonna hang onto the HXDA. I know, I'm wishy-washy. It's such a great amp, though.

So at least that part of my life is settled. Everything else? Not so much. LOL!!

Last edited:
As soon as these were announced last winter/spring I figured they'd be pretty special...so I ordered a private stock to these specs (with a few customizations). Threads like this are making the wait unbearable!!!!!

As soon as these were announced last winter/spring I figured they'd be pretty special...so I ordered a private stock to these specs (with a few customizations). Threads like this are making the wait unbearable!!!!!

Cool, congrats on the MSC in the oven! What customizations, if you don't mind me asking?

I just spec'ed one myself, for the most part I went with the McCarty Singlecut formula:

IMG_0920.JPG

I selected a nice Cocobolo board, and a one-piece quilt top. I customized the Birds, Old Birds in Gold MOP with regular MOP outlines, and a custom Orange Glow finish.

I also had the Maple Binding extend around the board at the neck pickup, as I have done with my other Private Stocks.

The pic shows a Cocobolo Headstock Veneer, but I am switching that to Quilted Maple.

The wait won't be as tough for me, as I will have two to tide me over until it arrives... :D

Cool, congrats on the MSC in the oven! What customizations, if you don't mind ?

I actually strayed from the "formula" a fair bit...hopefully not too much...but I have total faith the PS team will produce an exceptional sounding/playing/looking instrument.

Same body (maple, extra thick mahogany no belly carve) but went with maple neck and ebony FB (Flamed maple binding around FB and headstock).
Inlays...Lapis Birds w white gold outlines (think I caught a glimpse last PSF).
Added "Jimmy Page wiring" as well...have this on two other guitars and really like it.

Your guitars look awesome!!! Enjoy!!!

I actually strayed from the "formula" a fair bit...hopefully not too much...but I have total faith the PS team will produce an exceptional sounding/playing/looking instrument.

Same body (maple, extra thick mahogany no belly carve) but went with maple neck and ebony FB (Flamed maple binding around FB and headstock).
Inlays...Lapis Birds w white gold outlines (think I caught a glimpse last PSF).
Added "Jimmy Page wiring" as well...have this on two other guitars and really like it.

Your guitars look awesome!!! Enjoy!!!

Wow, should be awesome!! Amazing quilt top!

Thanks for sharing that, it definitely belongs on this thread! ;)

All-righty then!!

Now we have ourselves here a McCarty Singlecut CLUB! We have several awesome Faded McCarty Bursts here, an incoming McCarty Glow from the Netherlands, and two Private Stocks in the oven!

Go figure, 2 weeks ago it was just Les... ;)

Come on guys, join the club, it's great fun!! :D

All-righty then!!

Now we have ourselves here a McCarty Singlecut CLUB! We have several awesome Faded McCarty Bursts here, an incoming McCarty Glow from the Netherlands, and two Private Stocks in the oven!

Ha! I'm confident that I wasn't the only one with one of these two weeks ago!

I've still only seen two of the Artist Relations guitars at any dealer, and I have one of them. So I'm going to go out on a limb and make an educated guess that the others were snatched up by the artists they were sent to, who know a good thing when they play it.

We know that Howard Leese called it the best PRS he's ever played; there have to be others we haven't heard from.

I'm incredibly lucky to have this guitar. It's inspiring. I have a lot of woodshedding to do to even remotely deserve to play it.

Having two would be a kick in a way, but I'd be constantly comparing them back and forth, and as Teddy Roosevelt once said, "Comparison is the thief of joy." ;)

Last edited:
Les, found this on eBay, is this the sibling of your THOTG?

[h=1]PRS McCarty Singlecut Artist Relations Guitar in Faded McCarty Sunburst AR0345[/h]

I've wanted a full LP thickness PRS singlecut for a while now. Good to see that they sound amazing as well :D. I have something special planned for my next PS build, but after that it's going to be a Singlecut McCarty for sure!

Les, found this on eBay, is this the sibling of your THOTG?

PRS McCarty Singlecut Artist Relations Guitar in Faded McCarty Sunburst AR0345

Yes, that's the other one at Jack's.

Mine's the one on the bottom, AR0343.

Buy it! You will not regret it. ;)

Last edited:
All-righty then!!

Come on guys, join the club, it's great fun!! :D

that would be a HUGE DREAM come true Pete

Back