The Official "McCarty Singlecut" Love Thread!!

Okay, so I have been playing these two some more, through my new Original Sewell and my new Friedman SS100. Still figuring out the SS100, Alan/yankeebulldog is helping me with that, it is a great amp, but still need to dial it in. The Sewell, plug it into the electrical outlet and a 4x12, plug a guitar into it, and it sounds amazing, leave the dials at noon, all is good. ;) I am so glad to have one again.

These guitars are amazing!! There has to be something more than just the little bit of extra body thickness and the Bone Nut, for both of the two of these to sound consistently better than any PRS Singlecut I have owned (haven't officially tallied that up - I am guessing about 13?) - there has to be some secret sauce that PRS is not disclosing. Alan and I are going to compare three together this weekend, with his new acquisition.

For the record, the best SC's ever for me before these ones were Chuck's/clmazza's yellow SC Ted, chris/goof's Ultraviolet SC Ted, aristotle's Glacier Blue SC Ted, and Matt/HighGain510's PS SC 245 Ted Piezo, all AMAZING SC PRS guitars.

As the Ted Club President, I hereby declare this model a "Ted". It is called the "McCarty" Singlecut, after all! And it has a Santana Headstock shape. So it is an evolution of the SC Ted, taking it further into R9 slaying territory with a thicker body, a bone nut, the two piece PRS bridge, and whatever magic pixie dust or whatever else is going on with this great model.

All hail to the "Ted" McCarty Singlecut!! :D

Nothing like a good Singlecut! I will say that for me and my tastes the Paul-o-matic bridge has been a godsend. I grew up playing guitars that were mostly fitted with TOMs. I've always liked those bridges and the POM is an improvement to me in sound and feel. Although, I must admit at first glance it appeared that it might be a bit weird feeling on the palm, but it's quite the contrary.

As the Ted Club President, I hereby declare this model a "Ted". It is called the "McCarty" Singlecut, after all! And it has a Santana Headstock shape. So it is an evolution of the SC Ted, taking it further into R9 slaying territory with a thicker body, a bone nut, the two piece PRS bridge, and whatever magic pixie dust or whatever else is going on with this great model.

All hail to the "Ted" McCarty Singlecut!! :D

Hang on one dang minute before you get all carried away with this Big Idea, Mr. Pete...

I've played Teds, in fact, just played a Ted SC the day before yesterday, and this is no Ted.

This is a guitar made for Asgard. This...is The Hammer Of The Gods.

They don't play Teds in Valhalla. They play these.

This is the guitar that when God said to Abraham, "But the next time you see me comin' you better run," He showed Abe one of these. And he kept it out on Highway 61 because it was so freakin' BADAZZZZ. Get with the program. :box:

Last edited:
Hang on one dang minute before you get all carried away with this Big Idea, Mr. Pete...

I've played Teds, in fact, just played a Ted SC the day before yesterday, and this is no Ted.

This is a guitar made for Asgard. This...is The Hammer Of The Gods.

They don't play Teds in Valhalla. They play these.

This is the guitar that when God said to Abraham, "But the next time you see me comin' you better run," He showed Abe one of these. And he kept it out on Highway 61 because it was so freakin' BADAZZZZ. Get with the program. :box:

I hear ya!

This is the next step in the evolution, it's all related, SC 245, Ted, SC 58, this baby takes it to the next level!!

For me, this is the best Ted McCarty Singlecut guitar yet! :D

I hear ya!

This is the next step in the evolution, it's all related, SC 245, Ted, SC 58, this baby takes it to the next level!!

For me, this is the best Ted McCarty Singlecut guitar yet! :D

Yeah, it definitely takes the concept to another place.

I was only funnin' ya about calling it a Ted. Teds are great axes.

But I'll still call mine The Hammer Of The Gods. ;)

Faded green smokeburst huh? Looks incredible!

1604941_10153267766095639_6136830849655361913_n.jpg

Quick McCarty Singlecut get-together today in the Windy City! (Brian, Alan and I)

Separated at birth and reunited today (mine on the left, Alan's on the right):

20140906_151111.jpg

(Sick flame, Alan!)

7 Private Stocks between Alan and I here, 3 MSC's, and ALL PRS 245's!!

20140906_151424.jpg

The 3 MSC's were AWESOME, Rock Monsters with similar great beefy singlecut tones! The other DC and SC 245s held their own as well.

20140906_151626.jpg

Also of notable mention was my new (NOS) Original Sewell and Friedman SS100, both sounded great, plus Alan's new Friedman Small Box 50 Combo, we peeled some paint off the walls! :D

Fun times...

The new McCarty Singlecut model ROCKS!! Awesome to compare 3 of them together, all equally mind-blowing with great tone...

Deep breath here! I think I am going to dive in on this PS SC McCarty Hammer of the Gods thingy!!!. I keep telling myself no and I cant help but come back to this thread. I am going to go with a quilt top and I was thinking about a Dragons Breath finish in Tiger Eye, McCarty Glow, or Cherryburst ( I think the tequila sunrise would be close to the cherryburst if it was done dragon breath style. I know this is a departure from the vintage look, but it will likely be my only private stock so I want to make it count. Would love some feedback?

Deep breath here! I think I am going to dive in on this PS SC McCarty Hammer of the Gods thingy!!!. I keep telling myself no and I cant help but come back to this thread. I am going to go with a quilt top and I was thinking about a Dragons Breath finish in Tiger Eye, McCarty Glow, or Cherryburst ( I think the tequila sunrise would be close to the cherryburst if it was done dragon breath style. I know this is a departure from the vintage look, but it will likely be my only private stock so I want to make it count. Would love some feedback?

Go for it! I would love to see one of these in a Dragon's Breath finish. The colors you mention are all terrific.

The tone on this model is amazing, I am sure it would turn out GREAT!

Back