The Official "McCarty Singlecut" Love Thread!!

Hi Pete!
Congrats on both McSC guitars.

I want to ask you or anyone in the know about it´s body thickness. My SC58 is noticeably thicker than my Mccarty. My question is, aside from not having the tummy cut is the whole body of the McSC even thicker than an SC58?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
The one you're having made will be a stunner, Pete!

I've been re-doing parts of my rig since getting The Hammer. I want to maximize what I can do with the guitar, which is quite a lot!

I'd love to have something semi-hollow or hollow as a complement to the guitar. Unfortunately, I am now ridiculously spoiled by having two PS guitars, one acoustic, one electric, so what I ought to do is just play the dang things I have and cease and desist obsessing over guitars.

I know, fat chance that will happen.

I'd love to have something semi-hollow or hollow as a complement to the guitar. Unfortunately, I am now ridiculously spoiled by having two PS guitars, one acoustic, one electric, so what I ought to do is just play the dang things I have and cease and desist obsessing over guitars.

I'll tell you, Les, a spruce SCHB like mine would be a GREAT complement to the HOTG. Take that great LP corpulence, duplicate the feel (seriously!) and the overall shape & dimensions, but add a touch of Super 400CES DNA. Trust me on this one. ;)

I'll tell you, Les, a spruce SCHB like mine would be a GREAT complement to the HOTG. Take that great LP corpulence, duplicate the feel (seriously!) and the overall shape & dimensions, but add a touch of Super 400CES DNA. Trust me on this one. ;)

Yes, a guitar like your Spruce SCHB has been very much in my internal discussion. The dimensions of the guitar body are also more ergonomic for me than a huge jazz box.

We don't see a lot of spruce tops in forum pics, but a good spruce carved top is a magnificent tonewood that's well suited to a hollowbody guitar. I have a great one on my PRS acoustic, and the tone of the thing is off the charts.

It'd be a very good long term plan for me. In the short term, I'd better get some new gigs together! ;)

Problem is Pete, you've spoiled me by providing the ultimate Ted's in the entire universe.....

SCT-4_zps750f7ec4.jpg

DCTed-1_zpsbde3df4c.jpg

Now...maybe....just maybe....all of this praise from you and Les might get me to turn my head. To paraphrase Charlton Hestin, "Damn you all to hell!" Now I gotta look at these...

Man those just look all sorts of classy! I'm curious Pete, does the PS you just let go have a thinner body than these? I thought your PS was already the thicker body, no? Are these substantially thicker? Either way, they look sweet!

Problem is Pete, you've spoiled me by providing the ultimate Ted's in the entire universe.....

SCT-4_zps750f7ec4.jpg

DCTed-1_zpsbde3df4c.jpg

Now...maybe....just maybe....all of this praise from you and Les might get me to turn my head. To paraphrase Charlton Hestin, "Damn you all to hell!" Now I gotta look at these...

Those are 2 killer Ted's!! Thanks for sharing pics, it is good to see them in their new happy home! ;)

And yes - you DO need to try one of these.

See Shawn's post on the PSF thread this morning, apparently Howard Leese said that his was the best sounding guitar Paul has built. THAT is quite the complement, from a guy who has played a lot of PRSi for many years!

Man those just look all sorts of classy! I'm curious Pete, does the PS you just let go have a thinner body than these? I thought your PS was already the thicker body, no? Are these substantially thicker? Either way, they look sweet!

The PS I just let go has McCarty thickness. It sounded AWESOME, BTW, right up there in the top few PRS I have owned, it was tough to let go. So that one is a little thinner than the SC 245/SC 58. The McCarty Singlecut is a little thicker than the SC 245/SC 58, with no belly carve, a flat slab back. It is noticeably thicker, especially when played standing up with a strap.

This MSC will NOT be challenging my DC 245 Sig (6 pounds and incredibly comfy to play) as my #1 gigging guitar. ;)

But it is getting the most play at home right now...

Yes, a guitar like your Spruce SCHB has been very much in my internal discussion. The dimensions of the guitar body are also more ergonomic for me than a huge jazz box.

Plus it SCALES. You can get a very "huge jazz box" like sound at very low volumes, but you can also crank it to stage volumes or use some pretty significant gain and it will still work. (and give you that spruce sweetness which is oh-so-different from maple)

We don't see a lot of spruce tops in forum pics, but a good spruce carved top is a magnificent tonewood that's well suited to a hollowbody guitar. I have a great one on my PRS acoustic, and the tone of the thing is off the charts.

You know, a big part of why Craig from CR decided to work with PRS is their stash of really fine spruce. And wood, in general, but the spruce is a big deal to Craig.

It'd be a very good long term plan for me. In the short term, I'd better get some new gigs together! ;)

I hear ya. But I look forward to that NGD -- far in the future though it may be -- when you get a HBSp to partner with the HOTG. I just think that will be a killer pair of instruments for your particular thing. :)

But I look forward to that NGD -- far in the future though it may be -- when you get a HBSp to partner with the HOTG. I just think that will be a killer pair of instruments for your particular thing. :)

I will toast to that! :cheers:

Back on topic with the MSC's... ;)

NAD tonight - NOS Original Sewell, back where I started with regards to PRS amps.

My favorite PRS guitar ever, with my favorite PRS amp ever. A good combination?

O... M... G...!!!

:D

Back on topic with the MSC's... ;)

NAD tonight - NOS Original Sewell, back where I started with regards to PRS amps.

My favorite PRS guitar ever, with my favorite PRS amp ever. A good combination?

O... M... G...!!!

:D

Sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun this weekend! Happy for you!

Back