For The Love of McCarty‘s

5Springer

Share your McCarty’s!

LP lover or not everyone has to respect the contribution Ted McCarty has made to the world of electric guitars..

I admit I’ve never been much of a LP guy but I absolutely love my SE 594! I do have a Epi Signature Slash model but I think the PRS sounds better and the neck carve helps me with hand fatigue that I get with the Slash.

Lets see them =)

CQGOvmJ.jpg
8gTwxOT.jpg

dYBJfVB.jpg

A 594 and 2 standards.

Is the white one pearl metallic? Stunning!!
Yes. It’s actually a custom paint job based off a Ford color. I forget the name. Platinum tri color metallic or something like that. He modified it slightly with smaller metal flake and heavier on the blue tint of the pearl. After he stripped the black paint, I almost left it natural. I bought this guitar specifically to make it pearl white.

And yet another one from Vancouver's Rufus Guitar Shop:

$4,999.99 Cdn

Now here’s a rare bird. Between 2003-2004 PRS created a limited run of 500 of these stunning McCarty Brazilian 10 Top guitars. This is a fine example.

Fantastic condition for a 19 year old guirtar, only a couple, nearly invisible superficial surface scratches and the back of the body and a tiny white nick on the top of the lower horn give evidence of it’s preowned status. It also seems a too small flat head screwdriver was used at some point to adjust the bridge leaving a slight mark in the nickle but it does include a pair of matching gold posts that appear to have never been used.

The flamed maple cap is gorgeously rippled and set seamlessly on the solid mahogany body. The real star here is the Brazilian rosewood fretboard and headstock overlay and a beautiful Indian Rosewood neck, meticulously inlayed with pure abalone logo and signature PRS birds.

The previous owner did make some rather desirable modifications including swapping the original wrap-around tail piece with an adjustable one for better intonation. He also had the original McCarty pickups replaced with McCarty Archtop pickups for a mellower sound. The original pickups and bridge are included with this guitar. The 3-way toggle switch and output jack have also been replaced but the originals are included too.

Includes Original Hard Case, Warranty registration card, electronics cover indicating this guitar was #452 out of the 500 production run and the signed inspection hang tag which reveals this guitar was made on August 4th 2004.

A serious guitar for a serious collector.

And yet another one from Vancouver's Rufus Guitar Shop:

$4,999.99 Cdn

Now here’s a rare bird. Between 2003-2004 PRS created a limited run of 500 of these stunning McCarty Brazilian 10 Top guitars. This is a fine example.

Fantastic condition for a 19 year old guirtar, only a couple, nearly invisible superficial surface scratches and the back of the body and a tiny white nick on the top of the lower horn give evidence of it’s preowned status. It also seems a too small flat head screwdriver was used at some point to adjust the bridge leaving a slight mark in the nickle but it does include a pair of matching gold posts that appear to have never been used.

The flamed maple cap is gorgeously rippled and set seamlessly on the solid mahogany body. The real star here is the Brazilian rosewood fretboard and headstock overlay and a beautiful Indian Rosewood neck, meticulously inlayed with pure abalone logo and signature PRS birds.

The previous owner did make some rather desirable modifications including swapping the original wrap-around tail piece with an adjustable one for better intonation. He also had the original McCarty pickups replaced with McCarty Archtop pickups for a mellower sound. The original pickups and bridge are included with this guitar. The 3-way toggle switch and output jack have also been replaced but the originals are included too.

Includes Original Hard Case, Warranty registration card, electronics cover indicating this guitar was #452 out of the 500 production run and the signed inspection hang tag which reveals this guitar was made on August 4th 2004.

A serious guitar for a serious collector.
Saw that. Had I not a McRosie already...

The more mature I get (read older), the better I like the McC. Could be a coincidence, but my favourite guitar is a McSoapy korina (pictures to follow) in opaque black. And today (if all goes well) I will be picking up my second McC. A 2009 from the limited smokeburst series in nitro finish with the original 57/08's. Pretty stoked about it.

As a testimony how well the McC guitar suits me: a band mate (guitar player as well) mentioned recently that he notices when I use my McC in my playing. More freedom, more "confidence" in spontaneous moments in church and more nuance when I play it. And that is a spot on analysis. Love the McC

Last edited:
Back