1st taste of PRS and I'm already in love

BrianM

Hey gang, Finally decided to join the PRS family. I've been playing roughly 35 yrs. Mostly LP style guitars for years now. Several Gibby's, a few MIJ copies as well as a couple of strats, tele, etc. Really wasn't thinking of buying another guitar but the PRS design and popularity has always intrigued me. Being used to the style of my LP, I thought id give the McCarty SE a try and I love it. I do however plan on swapping the pickups out. I play a pretty tight palm muting high gain kind of style and the stock pups just aren't cutting it. I have been looking at the Tremonti set as it seems to fit the bill as far as specs. So I guess I'm asking if there are any other PRS designed pups that handle the high gain attack I'm looking for? I'd love to find something with nickel covers to bring it back to its original lookas well. Thanks for suggestions. Here's pics...

Welcome and congrats! PRS are very addictive.. You've been warned :)

The Tremonti pickups will certainly get you there. Awesome pickup set. The Metals are another great choice. Not PRS or chrome, but in a PRS sig model. The DW tomahawks are fantastic.

Back