For the Love Of Soapies !

I have been on the hunt for a PRS p90 guitar for a while now (really after a 25th Anniversary Mira), so when I saw this little beauty (2009 SE Custom Semi-Hollow) on Craigslist (like-new, un-played condition with a hardcase and a Fender FM15DSP combo amp for $500) I could not pass it by. I love the sound, and it makes a nice change from my humbucker guitars. They seem pretty scarce too. It should tide me over 'till I find that Mira!

2qEcX6h.jpg
Underrated beauty right there, congrats!

What value volume pot comes stock in a 2008 Custom 22 with 3-P90's? Taper-wise it sounds like a linear as not much happens until you go below 5 or 4,,,, I s'pose going with an 'audio' pot would work, but what would the stock value have been
Thnx, Kenny ॐ

There's a gorgeous McSoapy for a decent price on our local CL that is giving me serious GAS pains. Timing is terrible though, as I'm transitioning jobs and cash flow is tight for another month or so. The dude's ad is awful even by Craigslist standards however, so I'm hoping it doesn't sell and I can snap it up at a later date. :D

There's a gorgeous McSoapy for a decent price on our local CL that is giving me serious GAS pains. Timing is terrible though, as I'm transitioning jobs and cash flow is tight for another month or so. The dude's ad is awful even by Craigslist standards however, so I'm hoping it doesn't sell and I can snap it up at a later date. :D
I love it when that happens - hope the bad ad serves you well and we see NGD pics shortly!

Which is WHY I started this thread .. .MAYBE they will bring them back IF there is enough interest .
I hope they do. Considering large number of PRS guitars out there now, very very few have soapbars, and most of those are SE guitars. I would love to see a modern soapbar option on the Mccarty and Hollowbody (both core and SE) guitars.

What was the last soapbar guitar they offered? Was it the SE 277 semi-hollow (2016-2019)?

Did they ever offer a standard core model with soapbars other than Mccarty and Custom 22 triple?

For Standard core I believe that's it , of course private stock has seen some amazing ones . I can tell you there a LOT more companies offering nice soapies now from Gibson,Collings ,Knaggs, Baker and Gretsch As a business man .. I hate to see sales run away when the solution is there. There are only 51 PRS soapies on the verb today .. all inclusive ., WAY less than the competition ... of course there is supply vs demand so it keeps the nice ones at a premium.

Greetings again,, At the risk of being permanently banned from the chats, has anyone had SPECTACULAR results with non-Duncan and/or Noiseless P90's in their PRS? It's a triple p/u 2008 model,,, but putting aside any noiseless options for now, are there any other sets that might give me a stellar & quacky #2(B-M) & a better Tele #3(B-N) sound? I'm not certain what model Duncans are in there,,, Vintage, Hot or Customs.... My bridge measures 11.53k & my neck is 8.03k,, while all the combo positions come up in the typical 4k range....Lollars, Fralins, or anything else that'll get as funky as a P90 could possibly be, and go with a 'normal' Vntg wind? (im chicken to go 'underwound')....

And now, finally, Noiseless for similar results? The only Noiseless (Jazzmaster) experience I've had are Fralins that sound spectacular in my JM... a very unfair comparison..
Thnx, Kenny ॐ💃

Last edited:
Back