For the Love Of Soapies !

I don't think this one will last long , 3hr old listing < 3K on the Verb
khhcffyqyvn5ox7rbwh6.jpg

That is a smokin' deal. Interesting that it does not come up on my normal reverb feed. Your link works just fine, but my usual feed is for PRS guitars, sorted newest to oldest, and this on is not in my feed. Thanks for making me drool!

One more from the Knopfler auction. This one went for 69k GBP. Noted in the text was the original '50s pricing for the LP Junior, Special & Custom.

Screenshot-2024-02-03-at-4-34-28-PM.png

My favorite pickup by far .. I have 10 instruments with them . ( even my basses have them !) so in Celebration ..
Of all of them the PRS/Knaggs are the stars .
All the shades off Soapie goodness still waiting for those yet to appreciate tonal nirvana.. I love my triple .. but this one .. WHEW~ PS
f2zcrim5mjwgbyif88vs.jpg
gbcovvhekufbgyi6qzgr.jpg
My favorite pickup by far .. I have 10 instruments with them . ( even my basses have them !) so in Celebration ..
Of all of them the PRS/Knaggs are the stars .
All the shades off Soapie goodness still waiting for those yet to appreciate tonal nirvana.. I love my triple .. but this one .. WHEW~ PS
f2zcrim5mjwgbyif88vs.jpg
gbcovvhekufbgyi6qzgr.jpg
Goodness! That thing looks slick!

That is so cool. How did you win it?
In 2010 I flew from Vancouver to NY to be part of the first Dweezil Zappa band camp.
Spent almost a week there, had a great time at a resort in the Catskills with many others.
The whole place had numerous PRS core guitars in open cases lying around that you could just pick up and play. I had never played one before and I was smitten by their beauty and playability.
I won the SE ONE on the second to last evening at a random draw. Gigged it plenty after I got home, and that gateway drug was just the beginning... :)

In 2010 I flew from Vancouver to NY to be part of the first Dweezil Zappa band camp.
Spent almost a week there, had a great time at a resort in the Catskills with many others.
The whole place had numerous PRS core guitars in open cases lying around that you could just pick up and play. I had never played one before and I was smitten by their beauty and playability.
I won the SE ONE on the second to last evening at a random draw. Gigged it plenty after I got home, and that gateway drug was just the beginning... :)
That is absolutely insane. Such a cool story! Congrats man.

I had a CU-22 Triple Soapbar. I could never get used to the middle pickup being in the way...

View attachment 12301
I am with you on that! I refer to a middle pickup like that as a pickguard not a pickup because it prevents the pick scratches that will appear on the body if that pickup is not there ;~)) That said, I have been playing fingerstyle only for the past 8 months now (and it may be a permanent condition but I do not know for sure) so that opens back up for me 3 pup fiddles! That one is a beauty ;~))

Last edited:
I have been on the hunt for a PRS p90 guitar for a while now (really after a 25th Anniversary Mira), so when I saw this little beauty (2009 SE Custom Semi-Hollow) on Craigslist (like-new, un-played condition with a hardcase and a Fender FM15DSP combo amp for $500) I could not pass it by. I love the sound, and it makes a nice change from my humbucker guitars. They seem pretty scarce too. It should tide me over 'till I find that Mira!

2qEcX6h.jpg

Back