I f*cking love my SE

tdroid

I have six electrics (now). A Yamaha, two Epiphones, a Squier CV, a MIM Fender, and now an SE (purchased in that order). I have loved all of them and played them all to death. I like using different guitars for different styles (Epi for my 80s metal tone, CV for my creamy stacked Tubescreamer tone, Fender for my cleans). One Epi and the Yamaha, have pretty much been replaced by the other Epi and the Fender, but I can't bring myself to sell either. I explain all this because I do love them all. I do play them all (mostly).

But I fucking adore my SE. I've owned it for a few weeks now and I use it for my 80s tone, my stacked tone, and my clean tone. It feels better in my hand than any of the other guitars. It's prettier than my other guitars. It's new but easily my favorite in the collection. It is the one I'd save if I could only pull one of a fire. The wide neck allows me easily bend double stops. The thick (not really that thick) neck fits my hand better than a Fender C. It's light as a feather and the acoustic tones change the way I play along to backing tracks that I've used for years.

I don't know what my next guitar will be (or where I'll find room for one), but I can't imagine getting a USA Fender or Gibson now that I know what PRS can make.

Me too! I play my SE's pretty much the same as my Cores. They are also more fun sometimes because you don't have to sweat about dinging them and you can tinker with the electronics and make mods without too much worry.

I agree. F*ck censorship.
See, here's the problem with that. Some people don't want to open a forum, or guitar ad, or newspaper article, or whatever, and see F bombs (or other curse words) being dropped for no reason. Or at all. And while it normally doesn't bother me, a perfect example of why I don't like it in my "regular" places is that I went to one of them Saturday night with my grandson sitting right next to me and there it was right in clear view and he saw it.

A few weeks ago we went to a Dayton Dragons game and some drunk idiot must have said it 10 times. He was too far away from me (and many rows behind us) to see who was saying it at first and finally someone closer to him asked him to stop. Loudly saying it every time someone misses a pitch or walks a batter or whatever when you are SURROUNDED by other people including women and children... If he would have been closer to me, I'd have asked him to stop. I mean this went from THE WORSE curse word you could say, to something some people can't complete a sentence without saying now, and I guess it's supposed to be ok just because they say it so much? Sorry, it's not. It's not OK to say loudly in public with women and children around. A group of close friends has their own rules, and what you say there is what it is. I'm getting tired of hearing it yelled at ball games though.

Better stop before I say something offensive.

See, here's the problem with that. Some people don't want to open a forum, or guitar ad, or newspaper article, or whatever, and see F bombs (or other curse words) being dropped for no reason. Or at all. And while it normally doesn't bother me, a perfect example of why I don't like it in my "regular" places is that I went to one of them Saturday night with my grandson sitting right next to me and there it was right in clear view and he saw it.

A few weeks ago we went to a Dayton Dragons game and some drunk idiot must have said it 10 times. He was too far away from me (and many rows behind us) to see who was saying it at first and finally someone closer to him asked him to stop. Loudly saying it every time someone misses a pitch or walks a batter or whatever when you are SURROUNDED by other people including women and children... If he would have been closer to me, I'd have asked him to stop. I mean this went from THE WORSE curse word you could say, to something some people can't complete a sentence without saying now, and I guess it's supposed to be ok just because they say it so much? Sorry, it's not. It's not OK to say loudly in public with women and children around. A group of close friends has their own rules, and what you say there is what it is. I'm getting tired of hearing it yelled at ball games though.

You better not go to a hockey game.

To me the F Bomb in a post title is just childish.

I automatically assume the person using it it, especially if I don't know him at all, is an adolescent.

A young person in the process of developing from a child into an adult.

Back