NUGD

gush

Where is that speedo pic
Ok.......so this thread is not just a celebration of a new used guitar but also a very fine example of Double Jeopardy enabling.

So.......Sinsir sends me a link to a well used ce22. This one is a 2008 and has alder body which is something I've been looking for.

Ad says its been dropped and has a ding on the body. No other damage is mentioned. I asked the seller a few times and he assured me no other damage AND it's listed at 800 bucks.

I told my buddy Sinsir that I was nervous about pocket cracks since its been dropped and BOOM he offers to go check it out since it's close to him.

He is one smooth a$$ enabler.

So I said I'd send HIM the money and if it checks out buy it and take it home.

I am one smooth a$$ enabler

So now we're to the part where we ship it to me. I say naw......keep it for a bit since you helped me out. Play it and send me feedback.

I am one smooth a$$ enabler.

He constantly sends me messages saying how awesome the D2s sound in this guitar and how I'm going to just LOVE this thing!

He is one smooth a$$ enabler

We keep sending links to each other for pickups and guitars, ya know, trying to out enable each other!

Crazy stuff.

Anyway I can't post pics because I don't have it yet but I can assure everyone its getting the crap played out of it and we'll figure out the shipping thing later.

I appreciate his help with this purchase and there is no other forum on this planet that I'd feel comfortable enough to do this.

Kudos to all the great members that make this place beyond cool.

Ad says its been dropped and has a ding on the body. No other damage is mentioned. I asked the seller a few times and he assured me no other damage AND it's listed at 800 bucks.
Funny, I was looking at it tonight hanging on the wall.. (yup it's getting comfortable over here) and besides that mark from the drop, the rest is in a helluva lot better shape than $800! I even thought, maybe I should grab some black nail polish to fix it right up. Yup, it's getting comfortable over here!

Nothing to worry about until I undeck the trem :p

Man, you're welcome, and glad to be a fellow enabler. You'll dig this guitar..I've been having fun with it, as the countless message updates show! Thanks for the extended loan. I really appreciate it.

Oh, and this guitar definitely has mojo. It was cool listening to it on Spotify in the car on the drive home..

Ok.......so this thread is not just a celebration of a new used guitar but also a very fine example of Double Jeopardy enabling.

So.......Sinsir sends me a link to a well used ce22. This one is a 2008 and has alder body which is something I've been looking for.

I told my buddy Sinsir that I was nervous about pocket cracks since its been dropped and BOOM he offers to go check it out since it's close to him.

He is one smooth a$$ enabler.

So I said I'd send HIM the money and if it checks out buy it and take it home.

I am one smooth a$$ enabler

So now we're to the part where we ship it to me. I say naw......keep it for a bit since you helped me out. Play it and send me feedback.

I am one smooth a$$ enabler.

He constantly sends me messages saying how awesome the D2s sound in this guitar and how I'm going to just LOVE this thing!

He is one smooth a$$ enabler

We keep sending links to each other for pickups and guitars, ya know, trying to out enable each other!

Crazy stuff.

Anyway I can't post pics because I don't have it yet but I can assure everyone its getting the crap played out of it and we'll figure out the shipping thing later.

I appreciate his help with this purchase and there is no other forum on this planet that I'd feel comfortable enough to do this.

Kudos to all the great members that make this place beyond cool.
That is a very nice price! Congrats on a great score!! And pats on the back to Sinsir for not only enabling the purchase and inspection, but also Tom Sawyering it at the same time!!! Smoooooooooooth indeeeeeeeeed ;~))

Great stuff, Gush! Well done!

Sinsir; just to let you know how this will play out....Gush and I met at a spot middle distance from where each of us live. I was selling him a guitar (HBII, I think), and he was going to let me check out his CE-22 w/D1s for a while. That was November of 2019. I think he finally got it back in December of 2021.

Great stuff, Gush! Well done!

Sinsir; just to let you know how this will play out....Gush and I met at a spot middle distance from where each of us live. I was selling him a guitar (HBII, I think), and he was going to let me check out his CE-22 w/D1s for a while. That was November of 2019. I think he finally got it back in December of 2021.
Good to know the precedent..Maybe I will float that trem after all! :)

Back