What would you value this SC 250?

thesuperzman

Ok guitarist 25 years looking to be better
fHey gang, I have a 2008 Les Paul Studio (good condition) and a 2011 Les Paul Tribute (excellent condition). I was planning to sell one of them, whichever sold first. Someone got back to me with a very interesting trade. He has a PRS SC 250 (not sure the year) with a ten top. He's willing to make a trade for one of the guitars. This is almost a no brainer, as a McCarty is on my eventual list (I know this one isn't a McCarty but in the ballpark). But it has lots of superficial damage. I always buy guitars with the intent that I may sell one day. I can't find many listings on Ebay or Reverb for SC 250s and definitely not for a 'fair condition' instrument.

Yes, its about how it plays, but I don't want to be stuck giving up a 1000-1200 guitar and then decide I want to sell the 250 and get a few hundred for it. I know little about the SC 250's, but they seem to get rave reviews and mint conditions are insanely priced. Thoughts? (FYI there a few more dings but this is the worst)
8x17wuc29rrc1.jpg

I'd need to see the rest of it, but that's quite a significant ding and looks like it was from a drop, so I'd be highly reluctant to even consider it. Furthermore, the 250 is a very different guitar, less popular and arguably less desirable than a McCarty, and may not scratch that itch for you regardless of condition.

I'd personally either hold out for a trade involving an actual McCarty, or go with your initial thought of selling the LPs and taking some time to find a PRS you really want without compromise.

I'd need to see the rest of it, but that's quite a significant ding and looks like it was from a drop, so I'd be highly reluctant to even consider it. Furthermore, the 250 is a very different guitar, less popular and arguably less desirable than a McCarty, and may not scratch that itch for you regardless of condition.

I'd personally either hold out for a trade involving an actual McCarty, or go with your initial thought of selling the LPs and taking some time to find a PRS you really want without compromise.
Thanks for the feedback. I was on the fence, this probably seals the deal…to not make the trade

That’s true. I don’t know how to price them these days.

I feel like an old man yelling at the clouds that the used market should top out at 2k for artist packs.

All SE’s are worth $350

All S2’s are worth $600

All cores are worth $1500

Artist packs are worth $2000

Woof Library guitars are $2500

Private Stocks are $5000

FWIW ... many are referring to the guitar in question as an S2 model. It's not. It's a 10-top SC 250. Next level up for sure, but I wouldn't consider it regardless.

FWIW ... many are referring to the guitar in question as an S2 model. It's not. It's a 10-top SC 250. Next level up for sure, but I wouldn't consider it regardless.

As Sergio has identified from raised control cover, not a core. I think seller may be confused, telling OP that it’s a 10top.

Unless you have other pics?

Back