start.jpg

today

scale130831.jpg

record low so far: 188.5
max loss -12 lbs. (5.99%)

today: 191.9
total: -8.6 lbs. (4.29%)

ridin' the calorie see saw...

I've been pushing hard. I feel so much better these days. The weight loss is slow but I'be been putting on a lot of muscle so I accept the trade-off.

At my lowest (since we started) today. But I hit this weight on the 18th of August and then bounced back up to the low 250's. Hopefully I can get to the 230's by the end of September.

31Aug2013_zpsbba054ae.jpg

Last edited:
Sure looks beautiful Hans. I do think that it is a bit unfair how easily a wonderful walk like that can be neutralized, calorically speaking.

photo-29.jpg

I haven't been this weight since high school. According to the US Navy Body fat calculator I'm at 7% body fat which makes me very happy. As hard as I've worked on exercise (yoga, cardio, floor exercises), I've worked twice as hard on improving my nutrition. Eating better quality food, cutting out the crap food and recently, using portion control have been the biggest factors in the results I've seen.

That's awesome, man. I've never been blow 9% and that was when I was 19, working at a gym, and playing racquetball 3+ hours a day.

Start:

start.jpg

today

scale130901.jpg

record low so far: 188.5
max loss -12 lbs. (5.99%)

today: 195.3
total: -5.3 lbs. (2.59%)

ridin' the calorie see saw...

Up. 253. I'm sure most of it is water. My fingers are swollen this morning.

Kicked ass yesterday then had a beer, a vodka Tonic, some ribs, and a piece of cake. I just logged back in to MyFitnessPal.com for the 1st time in 7 months. Shawn reminded me it was out there.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;97735 said:
Up. 253. I'm sure most of it is water. My fingers are swollen this morning.

Kicked ass yesterday then had a beer, a vodka Tonic, some ribs, and a piece of cake. I just logged back in to MyFitnessPal.com for the 1st time in 7 months. Shawn reminded me it was out there.

If you want to drink maybe you can try something like this.

I learned early on that red meat stays with me too long and makes my weight up for a few days. I bet you'll see a drop in a couple of days after it's through you.

If my wife has a treat like a piece of cake she'll put it in the freezer and eat it over a few days taking bites here and there as a snack.

I asked her about swollen fingers and she said cranberry vitamins, not juice, might help your swelling.

Hope that helps.

Neighbor had a get together yesterday. I kept it clean and walked back and forth from the party to my house to eat my meals. I stayed social with a few Diet Cokes.

The hardest things to resist? My neighbor's daughter owns Pie Craft. Their pies are crazy good. I'm having them make a custom pie for my anniversary in October. Death Metal Dark Chocolate Pumpkin!!! Or maybe PRS PS Pomegranate Pie???

So yeah time for cardio. Who's with me?

Sumo making me look thin.

image.jpg

After the sumo demo during Japanese Festival 2013 hosted at the Missouri Botanical Garden here in STL we were able to get pictures and autographs with former professional sumo Kamikiiwa, Koryu, and Sunahama. It was a good show, informative and plenty entertaining.

Neighbor had a get together yesterday. I kept it clean and walked back and forth from the party to my house to eat my meals. I stayed social with a few Diet Cokes.

The hardest things to resist? My neighbor's daughter owns Pie Craft. Their pies are crazy good. I'm having them make a custom pie for my anniversary in October. Death Metal Dark Chocolate Pumpkin!!! Or maybe PRS PS Pomegranate Pie???

So yeah time for cardio. Who's with me?

Cardio, nah, but I am down for some pie. Maybe PS Apricot? Or how bout a new one- PS Strawberry Rhubarb. or PS XXX Faded Cherry.

Just got back from a killer night ride up the canyon. I sometimes forget how much I love my bike.

I celebrated my birthday on Sunday. I ate too much cake and drank too much beer (BTW, Southern Tier Creme Brulee is awesome), but I was back on the exercise horse at 5:30 this morning.

Jesse, I can't tell if you're shrinking or those guys are giants?

Back