The Fat Guy Thread

Jesse, my final weigh-in should be the morning of the 19th.... I'm gonna use that extra day I have on you to pass you. (look! flying pigs!)

:biggrin:

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;99711 said:
My first 10 since we started! Nothing compared to Jesse but I'm still stoked.

8Sept2013_zpsaafa349d.jpg

Staying motivated is essential. Think of what you could accomplish by year's end...or next Experience. :five:

Start:

start.jpg

today

scale130909.jpg

record low so far: 188.5
max loss -12 lbs. (5.99%)

today: 192.6
total: -7.9 lbs. (3.94%)

I hate these ups and downs...

My wife and I had started trying to lose weight before this thread started. I was up to 209. by the time I signed on, I was down to 200.5 - my official starting weight. But when I look back to my heaviest, I have lost 16.4 lbs or 7.85%. at my lowest I was down 20.5 lbs or 9.81%.

20 lbs was my goal - to get under 190. I get there for a few days and then rebound. Maybe I should make my goal 185 or 180 and be somewhat satisfied whenever I am under 190.

I also see no reason for this thread to end after XPRS13 - working on this with you guys is a good motivator and I hope we all keep posting, even if it is only 'maintenance' weigh ins.

Last edited:
My wife and I had started trying to lose weight before this thread started. I was up to 209. by the time I signed on, I was down to 200.5 - my official starting weight. But when I look back to my heaviest, I have lost 16.4 lbs or 7.85%. at my lowest I was down 20.5 lbs or 9.81%.

20 lbs was my goal - to get under 190. I get there for a few days and then rebound. Maybe I should make my goal 185 or 180 and be somewhat satisfied whenever I am under 190.

I also see no reason for this thread to end after XPRS13 - working on this with you guys is a good motivator and I hope we all keep posting, even if it is only 'maintenance' weigh ins.

I agree Ruger... For me personally, maintaining is actually tougher than losing. Although I had just about reached where I wanted to be around the time the thread started (or I noticed it at least) I've enjoyed checking in to this thread both to see people's progress and to keep motivated myself. Maybe we need a "skinny guy" thread that everybody transitions to :wink:

I agree Ruger... For me personally, maintaining is actually tougher than losing. Although I had just about reached where I wanted to be around the time the thread started (or I noticed it at least) I've enjoyed checking in to this thread both to see people's progress and to keep motivated myself. Maybe we need a "skinny guy" thread that everybody transitions to :wink:

Good idea, a general fitness thread would be a good way to help us motivate each other.

Great job, guys! Keep it up!

That's the kind of motivation I need to stave temptation. If things in life get out of balance, I fall off track and gain even though I know better. It's good to have somebody to keep you honest and accountable!

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;99867 said:
I'll always be a Fat Guy. :tongue:

How about a skinnier fat guy like some of the rest of us, bro?

Start:

start.jpg

today

scale130910.jpg

today: 191.8
total: -8.7 lbs. (4.34%)

This is a pretty decent core workout, although I substitute a couple of the exercises for some that I feel benefit me a little better. Plus, the girl is easy on the eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up a very nice treadmill last Wednesday. So I now have that, a stationary bike, Bowflex and some free weights in my basement gym. Been working out pretty intense and will be doing my final weigh in the morning of the Experience.

I need to past latest weight. I'm down a bit more. 8 days before my last weigh in!

Here it is...8 days left...

Start: 254.2
Today: 227.8
Lost: 26.4
Percent: 10.38

image.jpg

And some extra images for motivation.

My wife's Sunday meal prep which lasts her a week.
image.jpg

You can find cleaner alternatives.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Start:

start.jpg

today

scale130911.jpg

today: 193.6
total: -6.9 lbs. (3.44%)