The Dear God Why Am I Awake? Thread.

I slept from 10:15pm last until 1:28am this morning. My stress level is overloading my system.

It's currently 2:09pm - I will have worked a nine hour day and will go on a 17 mile bike ride when I get home.

I don't know how long I can keep doing this.

Hopefully the bike ride will help.

I imagine you're chanting "must restrain the fists of death". I think if you stop treating it like a dirge and play it in a happy key like A major you will be A Majorly happier guy. If that doesn't work you can always just get up and walk my dog for me

How many times can somebody hit the snooze button on their alarm in an hour before it’s considered justifiable homicide?

Asking for a friend.
I would have killed the clock long before an hour was up.

I have a hard time understanding snooze buttons. I find the first alarm so stressful, I can’t imagine inflicting repeats on myself the same day.

How many times can somebody hit the snooze button on their alarm in an hour before it’s considered justifiable homicide?

Asking for a friend.

Tell your friend I feel his pain...I belive once (1 time, uno, etc.) by all means... warrants that kind of reaction!!!

WHY DO THEY DO THAT!????!!!!! JUST GET YOUR A$$ UP ALREADY! :mad:

I digress....bit that's just me....

I'm convinced they are also responsible for the toilet paper on the roll backwards!

I have a hard time understanding snooze buttons. I find the first alarm so stressful, I can’t imagine inflicting repeats on myself the same day.

Agreed. Half the time just knowing I have to set an alarm to be up by a certain time assures that I will wake up before it goes off.

WHY DO THEY DO THAT!????!!!!! JUST GET YOUR A$$ UP ALREADY! :mad:

Or quit your job, or miss your plane, whatever, I don't care, but for gods sake just f@cking make it stop. Especially if you're an adult sharing a bed with somebody else.

I mean, I'm not a total monster, I understand not wanting to get up and being tired, but if you plan ahead of time to have truly sh!tty sleep by indulging in 8 min intervals of rest... GTFO.

Agreed. Half the time just knowing I have to set an alarm to be up by a certain time assures that I will wake up before it goes off.
I am just like this. I rarely hear an alarm go off.
I even have a built in snooze: if I wake up and see I have 15 more minutes before the alarm, I can go back to sleep for 13 more minutes and still not have to listen to the effing alarm.

I am just like this. I rarely hear an alarm go off.
I even have a built in snooze: if I wake up and see I have 15 more minutes before the alarm, I can go back to sleep for 13 more minutes and still not have to listen to the effing alarm.

Screaming baby, leaf blower, car alarm, train, smoke detector.... all of these are things more pleasant to be awakened by than an alarm.

And my wife, man I love her more than fruity drinks, Santana's, and tan lines combined but, her choice of alarm is even more offensive in that it's the quietest, most benign, and delicate of tinkling cellphone tones. Easy enough for her to sleep through but, it's like Poe's Telltale Heart for me... pounding, and incessant enough to drive me to murder.

Or quit your job, or miss your plane, whatever, I don't care, but for gods sake just f@cking make it stop. Especially if you're an adult sharing a bed with somebody else.

I mean, I'm not a total monster, I understand not wanting to get up and being tired, but if you plan ahead of time to have truly sh!tty sleep by indulging in 8 min intervals of rest... GTFO.

The alarm goes off 3 times every morning during the work week. First alarm, and two snoozes. Mine gets back into deep snore mode in seconds, while I lay there fuming.

Of course, the real downside of the whole alarm thing going off at 4:00 AM is the dogs can't tell the difference on the weekends. A routine is a routine, which means sleeping in until 5:00 is a treat!

Back