Humpday, #thestruggleisreal edition.

6:13 AM: First e-mail of the day.

Ev1mEuu.png

WQ9b6sZ.jpg

[ many eventless hours pass ]

8:46 PM:

lpJCRw2.png

lI7JAb9.jpg

It's a cruel, cruel world my friend and we are slaves to the delivery drivers. They just don't get it! Wait...maybe they DO get it and just like to make us suffer. Yup...friggin they are all puppet masters I tell ya!

It's a cruel, cruel world my friend and we are slaves to the delivery drivers. They just don't get it! Wait...maybe they DO get it and just like to make us suffer. Yup...friggin they are all puppet masters I tell ya!

Heh, our local FedEx drivers are amazing (and this is only a box of t-shirts). I just had to whine about it. :oops:

Haggis isn’t so bad, but the blood sausage is like a scab the size - and consistency - of a hockey puck...a full size, bloody, hockey puck! But then you invented scotch eggs and all was forgiven.

But if they put potatoes in the blood sausage it isn't that bad ...

Haggis isn’t so bad, but the blood sausage is like a scab the size - and consistency - of a hockey puck...a full size, bloody, hockey puck! But then you invented scotch eggs and all was forgiven.
Proper Stornaway black pudding is the bomb!

Washed down with an Irn Bru!!

Always wanted to try one. That led me to discover there's a UK specialty shop not too far away. If they stock it, I'll report back.

Ok, my 2 bottles of Irn Bru showed up yesterday. Apparently, when I ordered from Amazon I didn't notice that they were actually coming from the UK. I thought it was from a shop in the states. Anyway, if I had to draw a comparison to something, I would say it's close to an orange creamsicle. Maybe a little more citrus. Definitely has a vanilla flavor in it. It also doesn't have a lot of carbonation. It's not flat though. From what I understand, there are two different versions. The original Scottish recipe and another that is available outside of Scotland, or for export. Apparently, something in the coloring used in the Scottish version is not FDA approved in the States. I've read that the two differ slightly in taste, and fizz. The original having more fizz and more citrus flavor. At any rate, I like it, and could see why people dig it. I can also see it as a great mixer for adult beverages!

The word fanny in Scotland, is a derogatory term! Hence it getting banned!

Got it. I saw Rebecca Lowe on the Dan Patrick show at some point in the last year. They were tossing out words like bollocks, and wanker, and she was freaking out because, while perfectly fine on this side of the pond, not so much in the UK.

Got it. I saw Rebecca Lowe on the Dan Patrick show at some point in the last year. They were tossing out words like bollocks, and wanker, and she was freaking out because, while perfectly fine on this side of the pond, not so much in the UK.
Just depends who’s speaking and where!

My father-in-law uses “F” every other word, but it’s part of the general vocabulary in the city I live in.

In my job, it’s expected that you tolerate a certain level of “cussing” as you’d say.

A great Scottish word for you.

NUMPTY

Pronounced - Num-tee

A stupid or ineffectual person.

Bawbag! I’ll leave you to work that one out:D

Last edited:
I slept from 10:15pm last until 1:28am this morning. My stress level is overloading my system.

It's currently 2:09pm - I will have worked a nine hour day and will go on a 17 mile bike ride when I get home.

I don't know how long I can keep doing this.

I slept from 10:15pm last until 1:28am this morning. My stress level is overloading my system.

It's currently 2:09pm - I will have worked a nine hour day and will go on a 17 mile bike ride when I get home.

I don't know how long I can keep doing this.
Hang in there Mike, hopefully the exercise will help with some sleep

Back