The Dear God Why Am I Awake? Thread.

I have chronic insomnia.
I was 16 when I first went to my doctor asking for help. He told me to get out and stop wasting his time.
Two weeks ago I saw another doctor about it. I told him the Amitriptyline no longer seemed to help. So now he is weaning me off them, That means no more meds and no further help. Fortunately I'm retired now, but I would still love a decent nights sleep.

That sucks, I know how awful I feel without proper sleep. Up until recently, my sleep patterns were atrocious. I can’t imagine having to take meds to get to sleep!

I have chronic insomnia.
I was 16 when I first went to my doctor asking for help. He told me to get out and stop wasting his time.
Two weeks ago I saw another doctor about it. I told him the Amitriptyline no longer seemed to help. So now he is weaning me off them, That means no more meds and no further help. Fortunately I'm retired now, but I would still love a decent nights sleep.
Ugh, thats awful, sorry! I’ve had a chronic sleep deficit for nearly 20years and now I’m on a CPAP for sleep apnea. My hours of sleep have improved from 4 to 6, and the quality of my sleep (according to Fitbit anyway) has improved a lot. Every little bit helps, and I hope you can find something that helps you!

Back