The Dear God Why Am I Awake? Thread.

I seriously wore these to bed. True story. I was not nominated for father of the year however.

I had seriously thought about earplugs but I can’t because I need to be able to hear my kid if he wakes up.

Maybe if I can wire a button that he can press and it’ll send an alarm tone to the headphones...

Lack of consistent sleep is brutal! I’ve been learning this past year how brutal chronic sleep deficit is on the mind and body the hard way (is there really any other way to learn? :)).

Anyway, hang in there!

Trust me bro...it makes you crazy. I know that goes without saying, I've been here for a minute so you guys know how I roll.

Last edited:

I seriously wore these to bed. True story. I was not nominated for father of the year that year, however.
Dude, you totally slept thru the alarm and Markie’s 5 phone calls before joining us for the trip to EXP 2018. I was afraid Mrs. 11Top might have used a pillow on your face. You don’t need the earplugs anymore. :p

Dude, you totally slept thru the alarm and Markie’s 5 phone calls before joining us for the trip to EXP 2018. I was afraid Mrs. 11Top might have used a pillow on your face. You don’t need the earplugs anymore. :p

If I had this anatomy, I'd still be MFn deaf. It's that damn devil's R&R music!!!!!!!!

And trust me, if there weren't laws, Mrs. Pfenrock would have tried.

I had seriously thought about earplugs but I can’t because I need to be able to hear my kid if he wakes up.
That might not be as hard as you think. Many earplugs just muffle sound a bit so a quiet phone chirp that your brain already knows you don’t have to respond to isn’t as disruptive. But you would still hear crying, or falling out of bed, or dropping a bottle of Bollinger on the floor - things that your brain could recognize as needing attention.

Back