The Actual, She's OK, NVD thread. Velas rule!

I'm a tort guy normally (but not a lawyer) and have to say the White Pearloid might be a better look on this particular Vela. Why does stupid spell check show Pearloid is spelled incorrectly??

For the moment, I've ordered a tort guard but it's going on Daisy - I adore that guitar but I've just never been a fan of the all black look. I bought her in spite of the color because the price was right, and couldn't bear to part with her, but a slight dress-up is needed :). When the tort guard arrives, I'll hold it next to the green and see what I think. I had white pearloid on my blue semi-hollow, but I actually quite like the plain white on the green, so I'll either keep that or go tort. We shall see....

I want to see a photo of it leaning up against your stack !

Ask and ye shall receive
velamp.jpg

I really dig the green. I’ve had a Vela itch for far too long now, may need to scratch that this year after I finally settle on a 12 fret acoustic. The new Mahi Blue color they’re using on the S2’s this year is also pretty sweet!

I really dig the green. I’ve had a Vela itch for far too long now, may need to scratch that this year after I finally settle on a 12 fret acoustic. The new Mahi Blue color they’re using on the S2’s this year is also pretty sweet!

I dig the Mahi Blue. I'd potentially like to add a Standard 22 at some point, and that would be the leading contender for color. Still happy I snagged the Vela in green, though :D

And yeah, you need to scratch the Vela itch. They're magical.

In the third pic on the first page, how do you make your straps defy gravity and stick straight out like that?

Back