On the PRS policy

I haven't read all the comments, but this seems like your expectations were not met. For whatever reason, I would say that's understandable. Sounds like you were looking forward to a current model pickup set that wasn't put into rotation when the guitar you bought was made. There is probably not a single guitar manufacturer that this doesn't happen to. When new guitars come out, recently new guitars are still on the planet, so make sure you're buying what you expect EVERY TIME you buy something. Your dealer should help confirm this type of thing, and sometimes it requires talking to the right person, unfortunately. But if you've warmed up to the axe in hand (85/15S pickups are said to sounds really good), then happy days. Enjoy that axe, man!

I haven't read all the comments, but this seems like your expectations were not met. For whatever reason, I would say that's understandable. Sounds like you were looking forward to a current model pickup set that wasn't put into rotation when the guitar you bought was made. There is probably not a single guitar manufacturer that this doesn't happen to. When new guitars come out, recently new guitars are still on the planet, so make sure you're buying what you expect EVERY TIME you buy something. Your dealer should help confirm this type of thing, and sometimes it requires talking to the right person, unfortunately. But if you've warmed up to the axe in hand (85/15S pickups are said to sounds really good), then happy days. Enjoy that axe, man!
Thank you for your advice.

Actually, enjoying my new axe is exactly what I'm doing. And, anyway, the playbility and the sound of this guitar fully satisfy me; this little guitar is continuosly repeating "Play me, play me..."

Besides, in the first post I stated that I would never bought any PRS again.

Well, I lied.

This morning I'm looking forward the entryphone ring that announces the delivery of my fifth PRS. And I'm going to enjoy it too.

Thanks again, man

Thank you for your advice.

Actually, enjoying my new axe is exactly what I'm doing. And, anyway, the playbility and the sound of this guitar fully satisfy me; this little guitar is continuosly repeating "Play me, play me..."

Besides, in the first post I stated that I would never bought any PRS again.

Well, I lied.

This morning I'm looking forward the entryphone ring that announces the delivery of my fifth PRS. And I'm going to enjoy it too.

Thanks again, man
I’m glad you are enjoying it now… In your next PRS purchase, just ask to salesperson to tell you the number on the upper left corner of the headstock. ..

Stressing too much. I’ve put usa 58/15 LT in the Thinline. It honestly didn’t improve the guitar to my ears. The honky midrange of all mahogany is what it heard the most compared to the regular 594s. I yanked them out and put back the 58/15s and rolled with them. I’ve since moved on from the guitar but had no probs with the stock pickups! I doubt 58/15S LT is far superior. Those Korean pickups were the weak points in the thicker s2 594s, but not the Thinline

Stressing too much. I’ve put usa 58/15 LT in the Thinline. It honestly didn’t improve the guitar to my ears. The honky midrange of all mahogany is what it heard the most compared to the regular 594s. I yanked them out and put back the 58/15s and rolled with them. I’ve since moved on from the guitar but had no probs with the stock pickups! I doubt 58/15S LT is far superior. Those Korean pickups were the weak points in the thicker s2 594s, but not the Thinline
Thank you for having shared your experience. All in all, I'm sure the "regular" 58/15 S are better on the Thinline; and the object of the thead was concerning the PRS policy indeed, not the (undeniable) quality of the PRS guitars.

Moreover, your experience is even more remarkable because is based on a real comparison, since you swapped the pickups, rather than be merely an opinion.

Comparing the 85/15 (on a Core or on a CE) with their korean counterparts (on a S2 Custom 24), I realize that the "S" pickups suffer from a lack of definition that results in a slightly muddy sound. But honestly I can't figure out the reason of such a characteristic, since PRS claims that the korean pickups are built in the same way as the american ones, the only difference consisting in the country of assembling.

Anyway, all things considered, I'm happy with my little red guitar.

Thanks again

Back