The Actual, She's OK, NVD thread. Velas rule!

Very nice score Ahazz! When does the strap arrive? How does she play?

Got the setup done this morning - my preferred D'Addario 10s, slight truss rod tweak to add a bit of relief - weird for me because I don't like a lot of relief, but she arrived with NONE - lowered the bridge a touch. Intonation was spot on, as were pickup heights :).

She plays like a PRS should - I can't give higher praise than that to any guitar :D.

In keeping with the theme of my other S2s to date, her name is Melinda. Thus, my current three are Daisy, Bobbi, and Melinda.

I have one on my left shoulder

My first Ankh, also my first tattoo, is on my left shoulder as well :)

ankhtree.jpg

It's my take on a Tree of Life with Egyptian and Celtic influences :)

My second Ankh is on my left leg, it's based on a necklace my father had made for my mother 40+ years ago.
ankhdove.jpg

ankhink.jpg

ankhtree.jpg

My second Ankh is on my left leg, it's based on a necklace my father had made for my mother 40+ years ago.
ankhdove.jpg

ankhink.jpg
NICE! I dig both of those!

ankhtree.jpg

ankhdove.jpg

ankhink.jpg

I've never had a tattoo, could never figure out just what I wanted for a lifetime though. I used to use the excuse that the needles kept breaking, but I'm older now and that won't hold water anymore so. There's a local artist I trust (but my wife would literally crap a brick if I got one) and maybe my ancestral coat of arms would be cool (I'm of Celtic descent) but the ankh intrigues me too. But again, the design is of utmost importance. I'll have to practice up on my forgiveness, permission is likely out of the question :eek:
Sorry to get off the main topic line, my bad.

I've never had a tattoo, could never figure out just what I wanted for a lifetime though. I used to use the excuse that the needles kept breaking, but I'm older now and that won't hold water anymore so. There's a local artist I trust (but my wife would literally crap a brick if I got one) and maybe my ancestral coat of arms would be cool (I'm of Celtic descent) but the ankh intrigues me too. But again, the design is of utmost importance. I'll have to practice up on my forgiveness, permission is likely out of the question :eek:
Sorry to get off the main topic line, my bad.

I wanted that ankh tree design for 10 years before I got it, at age 42. I figured that if I still wanted it after 10 years, it was worth getting.

Of course, since then, I've just grown to love tattoos and might get one on a whim :).

Nice looking Vela there! Always nerve wracking when the box arrives dented, glad it worked out!

We ordered a ping pong table that was delivered right before Christmas - unfortunately with a big dent in the box, and it didn’t work out nearly as well…

Nice looking Vela there! Always nerve wracking when the box arrives dented, glad it worked out!

We ordered a ping pong table that was delivered right before Christmas - unfortunately with a big dent in the box, and it didn’t work out nearly as well…

Ouch! Sorry to hear that, damaged shipments suck.

Back