Tell me about the PRS SE Tremonti!

iammetalguy

I am debating on trading a guitar for a PRS SE Tremonti (stoptail variant).

I was THINKING of getting an Epi Les Paul Standard used (I've really only had my ESP LTD EC1000) and a Jackson SLSMG from years ago. But I've always been very curious about the Tremonti since this opportunity came up. I know I'm a bit more keen on necks like the Epi Les Paul Studio and Jackson (not so much my LTD). The "wide thin" neck is what I'm concerned about because if it's similar to the LTD, I'm a little hesitant on pulling the trigger.

Not sure if any of you guys have experience with the LTD or Jackson but what are some of your thoughts on the Tremonti?

I am debating on trading a guitar for a PRS SE Tremonti (stoptail variant).

I was THINKING of getting an Epi Les Paul Standard used (I've really only had my ESP LTD EC1000) and a Jackson SLSMG from years ago. But I've always been very curious about the Tremonti since this opportunity came up. I know I'm a bit more keen on necks like the Epi Les Paul Studio and Jackson (not so much my LTD). The "wide thin" neck is what I'm concerned about because if it's similar to the LTD, I'm a little hesitant on pulling the trigger.

Not sure if any of you guys have experience with the LTD or Jackson but what are some of your thoughts on the Tremonti?
I would guess the Tremonti is a little thicker than the LTD, since PRS doesn't make anything you would call a "shredder neck". I'd call the 'wide thin' a medium shallow C.

Also, the Tremonti pickups are gonna be hotter than the Epi LP. They push an amp well.

I would guess the Tremonti is a little thicker than the LTD, since PRS doesn't make anything you would call a "shredder neck". I'd call the 'wide thin' a medium shallow C.

Also, the Tremonti pickups are gonna be hotter than the Epi LP. They push an amp well.

Would you say the neck has a bit more body to it? Also contemplating on installing push-pull Seymour Duncan Hot Rod pups in whichever I get...

Would you say the neck has a bit more body to it? Also contemplating on installing push-pull Seymour Duncan Hot Rod pups in whichever I get...
Been a long time since I played an LTD. Just saying PRS doesn't get near Ibanez territory.

You should try the Tremonti pickups before swapping. They're beefy.

Been a long time since I played an LTD. Just saying PRS doesn't get near Ibanez territory.

You should try the Tremonti pickups before swapping. They're beefy.

Will do--so my situation is basically that I want a guitar for standard stuff but my thinking is, I'd rather have the PRS and play with that (and to sell/swap when/if the situation warrants...) or take the money from another potential buyer of the guitar I'm swapping for.

I have an SE Tremonti Custom. It's a bad boy. The neck is very close to the PRS pattern thin, not beefy at all. It's great clean, but when you put some gain behind it...……………...Arse whippin supreme!

Next to my Chris Robertson SE, my Tremonti SEs (original Standard and Custom) are my go-to guitars live and in the studio. For the longest time, I was a Les Paul guy and when I got my first PRS (a DGT), I fell in love with it but i was hoping for the day that I would get a Singlecut or a Tremonti so when I finally did, that was it for me. They suited me so well both in tone and playability. I can't imagine myself without them.

Back