So totally out of the blue, I am HAMMERED with arthritis in my fingers.

I'm having some issues currently. I've been away for a few months because I just got depressed thinking about guitars. Really missed interacting with you all, but I just couldn't do it. I've been diabetic for 38 years and it's taking a toll. My hands were suddenly burning, needles and pins, numb, feeling like I had sunburnt palms. Random crazy painful stuff, and I don't know that much can be done for for neuropathy. I went to the doctor and gave me some braces to wear as much as possible.

20141216_195118_zpsal0ua2pm.jpg

I didn't hold much hope, but after a few weeks things seem to be 90% better on the left and 95% better on the right. I go back to the doctor next week, but I was able to play some guitar with my son over Christmas. :rock: Maybe there's hope.

Sorry to hear man. Keep us posted. We need some Annapolis / Kent Island action and soon!!

Hey Rob, best of luck that this is temporary, and that you will get leveled out and be able to get back to playing. I'm not sure I understand how the braces are supposed to help. But Dr. knows best. Seriously our best to you here.

Drew: Maybe get examined by a rheumatologist. Goodluck.
Doug

Thanks for all the well wishes guys.
Aside from the pain, the hopelessness was the worst, and I really didn't want to come here and whine, or bring people down.

Photojazz - I really didn't expect any improvement either, but it's definitely improving. Leads me to believe the problem may have had more to do with working about 60 straight days at the end of the year on a project that was repetitive. I'll see what the doctor says next week.
(BTW - made PS money with all the OT. Couldn't play, so I bought my wife a SUV. Then my hands get better. - FML. :laugh: )

Good luck to all of you struggling with issues.

Thanks for all the well wishes guys.
Aside from the pain, the hopelessness was the worst, and I really didn't want to come here and whine, or bring people down.

Photojazz - I really didn't expect any improvement either, but it's definitely improving. Leads me to believe the problem may have had more to do with working about 60 straight days at the end of the year on a project that was repetitive. I'll see what the doctor says next week.
(BTW - made PS money with all the OT. Couldn't play, so I bought my wife a SUV. Then my hands get better. - FML. :laugh: )

Good luck to all of you struggling with issues.

If you bought me an SUV I'd buy you a PS.

Just saying.

:biggrin:

Sorry to hear about your issues, too, Rob. I blame PRSh. You didn't have these issues before Experience was skipped. :vroam:

It's probably an allergic reaction to not being around a bunch of other lunatics.

I'm having some issues currently. I've been away for a few months because I just got depressed thinking about guitars. Really missed interacting with you all, but I just couldn't do it. I've been diabetic for 38 years and it's taking a toll. My hands were suddenly burning, needles and pins, numb, feeling like I had sunburnt palms. Random crazy painful stuff, and I don't know that much can be done for for neuropathy. I went to the doctor and gave me some braces to wear as much as possible.

20141216_195118_zpsal0ua2pm.jpg

I didn't hold much hope, but after a few weeks things seem to be 90% better on the left and 95% better on the right. I go back to the doctor next week, but I was able to play some guitar with my son over Christmas. :rock: Maybe there's hope.

Rob,
REALLY glad to hear you are feeling better!! In any case, if you have not, you need to see a neurologist. I believe there are several treatments available for neuropathy now.

Well, I did it. The pain was to much, so yesterday afternoon, I had my right pinky removed. :bawling: Just kidding. :p I have found one of the factors that starts it up in my hands however. Working out with weights. I believe gripping the bar so hard starts the flare ups in my fingers. The stressful relationship is also a factor for sure, as is just my age. I am really going to try holding the bars as lightly as possible over the next week or two and see if I can get it to subside. I was doing much better when I was very busy with work and stopped lifting. Then I finished work for the season, and started working out hard again, and bang, hands are all messed up again. Will see if this is a big help or not.

Back