I broke my Hamate!

My forearm bore the brunt of my stupidity. I played for 40 minutes or there abouts. I could feel my forearm start to heat up. That’s when I stopped. Ice pack applied. Still uncomfortable. I was at the pinnacle of stupidity. Serves me right!! My doctor already reamed me out but in a really compassionate manner. He said STOP! This could lead to permanent damage. Probably a scare tactic on his part. 4 1/2 weeks to go.

I will not play
I will not play
I will not play
I will not play
I promise myself!
Listen here, young lady. You disobeyed me and you must be punished! You are hereby grounded from playing guitar for 4 1/2 weeks! And I better not catch you trying to play until your grounding is up, or else you’ll be grounded even longer!
Love,
Dad.

:p:p:p

My very last physiotherapy appt today. I am done. Will keep on top of everything as per my instructions from the physiotherapist.

I am still not being able to play for long periods of time. My baby finger still can’t curl up it lays flat. I have to stop and make a concerted effort to get it right! I just break my practice into doable 30 minute sessions a couple of times a day. I have another round of vacation days ahead of me. Rather just be working. At times it’s just easier.

Back