I broke my Hamate!

Yes, we are, but... you need some tough love too. I'm assuming you're over 20, so leave that stinkin thing on as long as the doctor says. I'm learning the hard way that the older I get, the more time I have to give my body to heal, and pushing it only makes the injury last longer. Be patient! Wait til the doctors tell you to take it off. Immobilizing something is a PITA, but the longer it truly rests, the quicker it heals!

yagguZD.jpg

Are you in Construction? I am fascinated with construction equipment and big rigs. I love watching the cranes downtown Toronto working. I could be there for hours and watch.

Sorry I got distracted! Lol

Please be very careful. Think about what your doing. Proceed! No bionic hands for anyone yet.
Not really construction. I work for a scale company and we install new truck scales. There are times my services gets me in construction projects and I do offer welding services.

Worked in a steel fab shop many years ago that was littered with prehistoric equipment. I ALWAYS worried about all my appendages there.

We would roll steel to make tank sections and cones. Cool job but incredibly dangerous.

That is one serious machine.

You're kind of an expensive date!!
I know. Lol I can’t stop talking about this truck. It’s extremely interesting to watch these trucks work. I am so interested in how they are rigged to the accident vehicle and why. Sometimes I will turn away and guess what actions they are going to take and then I analyze why did it like that. 8/10 x’s I am right. Heavy rescue 401 hours s my absolute favourite show along with Hiway through Hell. A show about heavy wreckers in British Columbia Canada. They have marathons every once in a while. I can sit through these shows forever. I absolutely love these trucks.

There is never enough time in a day to talk cars. My other passion. Take me to a car show and I will show you one very happy lady.

I know. Lol I can’t stop talking about this truck. It’s extremely interesting to watch these trucks work. I am so interested in how they are rigged to the accident vehicle and why. Sometimes I will turn away and guess what actions they are going to take and then I analyze why did it like that. 8/10 x’s I am right. Heavy rescue 401 hours s my absolute favourite show along with Hiway through Hell. A show about heavy wreckers in British Columbia Canada. They have marathons every once in a while. I can sit through these shows forever. I absolutely love these trucks.

There is never enough time in a day to talk cars. My other passion. Take me to a car show and I will show you one very happy lady.
There is a big car show in town.

Lola, just read your post. Sending sympathy and some (apparently much-needed) patience to you. :)

Since you're determined to be a knucklehead, and I kinda like that about you, then:

- Tune to open E or open G
- Affix a slide to somewhere on that bandaged mitt (bolt, glue, screws - whatever it takes)
- Learn to play slide guitar at crushing volumes, preferably on Percocet.

Always thinking of you. Thank me later.

=K

Lola, Lola, Lola, you crazy Canadian Lady. Words cannot explain how much I wish you well.

Please take the time to heal.

This is a frustrating time for you, but none of us want you to cause yourself further injury.

Please take care.

My forearm bore the brunt of my stupidity. I played for 40 minutes or there abouts. I could feel my forearm start to heat up. That’s when I stopped. Ice pack applied. Still uncomfortable. I was at the pinnacle of stupidity. Serves me right!! My doctor already reamed me out but in a really compassionate manner. He said STOP! This could lead to permanent damage. Probably a scare tactic on his part. 4 1/2 weeks to go.

I will not play
I will not play
I will not play
I will not play
I promise myself!

I just thought of something you could do for practicing WITHOUT using your left hand. Tune to an open tuning and work on finger picking with your right hand, you may be surprised at what you come up with. I have been doing all finger picking after my girl goes to bed in the evening as it is the least noise emitting technique and plus I love doing it. For years all I played finger picking style was "Blowin' In The Wind", but the past couple of years I have been trying nearly everything in that style and my technique is getting considerably better and it is a lot of fun! What I work on the most is trying to ensure all fingers on my right hand are doing something.

I just thought of something you could do for practicing WITHOUT using your left hand. Tune to an open tuning and work on finger picking with your right hand, you may be surprised at what you come up with. I have been doing all finger picking after my girl goes to bed in the evening as it is the least noise emitting technique and plus I love doing it. For years all I played finger picking style was "Blowin' In The Wind", but the past couple of years I have been trying nearly everything in that style and my technique is getting considerably better and it is a lot of fun! What I work on the most is trying to ensure all fingers on my right hand are doing something.
I don’t fingerpick except for Stairway to heaven. Thank you for your thoughts. That’s very kind of you. ❤️I just came back from the library which I just joined. I have 5 books to keep me entertained.

P.S I changed my strings to 9’s. Very awkward.
I think what I might do is change all my guitars to 8’s. The 9’s were fairly easy on my two fingers even with bending a bit I think 8’s will be better for me though.

Back