How am I having this problem?

So it's on its way to a new owner courtesy of FB Marketplace after all.
This was a hard lesson but invaluable I think.
It will be the last high dollar ( over $1k) that I will purchase sight unseen, but more importantly unplayed.
It might limit my options but would prefer not to be as deeply disappointed as I was by this experience.

However looking at my collection I should be realistic and say that I don't need any more guitars.
Of course that's probably not going to happen...lol.

It's so subjective. And it's why there are numerous neck shapes, fret count, trem/no trem, hollow/semi/solid, tops, wood choices etc. available.
There's something for everyone in the PRS camp, but no single example pleases us all.
Enjoy the hunt!
I'm a bit of a 594 fan myself, but that just doesn't matter to the next player.
:)

It happens.. my dream guitar on paper and pics was pretty disappointing when I played it. Still not sure why, but the bright side is they had one I truly WANT! There will always be more guitars..

Great example is the post above. The 594 just isn't for me. Fan fav, but I like maybe 10% of the ones I've played. I still try, was going to check one out this weekend. Then I said to myself, do I really need it? I need a soapie!

I have had several of the kind you speak of most of these guitars sounded better on other than me some sounded GREAT but for some reason I just didn't play them
Started with My Modern Eagle II , I sold it twice
Honorable mention
Santana II ( I sold to Sergio )
3 Different Custom 24s
Brushstroke 24 ( 24 fret Pauls guitar ) was a STUNNER and sounded great just not on me.
You are not alone !!!!

What problem you ask?
Well I'm just not feeling it, the magic, the mojo whatever you want to call it with one of my guitars...a darn expensive guitar I might add.
I'm referring to my 2018 McCarty 594 Wood library.
What is the problem exactly?
I mean it looks stunning with the flame maple top and matching neck, Korina body, gold and nickel hardware.
But....its just not talking to me when I play it, something is just not there and I can't really put my finger on it(sic) but it's not inspiring me in any way at all.
I think its possible the 58/15LT pups are not working for me but I don't think it's just that on its own, as a whole it's just not feeling magical unlike my PS or Ol 85 say.
Anyone else had this with a very well specced guitar that's a stunner visually but for whatever reason is just not calling your name?
Right now unfortunately my heart has just about made up my mind to put it up for sale as I can ill afford a $5k work of art just hanging around.
Feeling pretty sad and disappointed here about this right now....

What problem you ask?
Well I'm just not feeling it, the magic, the mojo whatever you want to call it with one of my guitars...a darn expensive guitar I might add.
I'm referring to my 2018 McCarty 594 Wood library.
What is the problem exactly?
I mean it looks stunning with the flame maple top and matching neck, Korina body, gold and nickel hardware.
But....its just not talking to me when I play it, something is just not there and I can't really put my finger on it(sic) but it's not inspiring me in any way at all.
I think its possible the 58/15LT pups are not working for me but I don't think it's just that on its own, as a whole it's just not feeling magical unlike my PS or Ol 85 say.
Anyone else had this with a very well specced guitar that's a stunner visually but for whatever reason is just not calling your name?
Right now unfortunately my heart has just about made up my mind to put it up for sale as I can ill afford a $5k work of art just hanging around.
Feeling pretty sad and disappointed here about this right now..

It happens.. my dream guitar on paper and pics was pretty disappointing when I played it. Still not sure why, but the bright side is they had one I truly WANT! There will always be more guitars..

Great example is the post above. The 594 just isn't for me. Fan fav, but I like maybe 10% of the ones I've played. I still try, was going to check one out this weekend. Then I said to myself, do I really need it? I need a soapie!
Soapie is a great idea!

Is it the feel or the sound you are not getting along with? I was not a huge fan of the 58/15 LT pickups. I swapped them out for newer 57/08s and it really made a difference in the guitar for me. I was not really happy with mine until I did that. Now it is definitely a keeper for me.
I’m not a fan of those LT pickups either. It seems PRS jumped on the “low wind bandwagon” and forgot about how great the current 57/08’s really are… and the Dragon 2 bridge pickup for those wanting more output with hotter output and a little darker tone…..
That being said, I owned a very expensive set neck Grosh which was visually stunning, but never spoke to me…sold it..
Could it be the maple neck? Is the fingerboard Ebony? Will produce very Different frequencies than your typical mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard PRS

So at least a happy ending for this saga for someone.
The buyer called me today to say he received it this morning, in better condition than he expected and he was over the moon with his new axe.
All good and lesson learned here.

Back