Real or fake 513?

Actually, the hardest part was paying for that thing! It took me two days and countles tries to get it work. Every Paypal transaction ended up with an error. Two of my credit cards got declined :/ I've finally managed to pay with Revolut (not without a problem). I hope the guitar is gonna be worth it.

DHL tracking site says, package is comming today! Can't wait! Too bad Red Dead Redemption 2 came to PC this week. Now i have to split my free time between gaming and PRSing (and -of course- my Girlfriend :p). This is gonna be hard :/

I am sure you'll forget all the trouble, once it arrives!
Don't forget to upload pics and share your initial thoughts...

Don't forget to upload pics and share your initial thoughts...

Guitar arrived yesterday.
My first thought was "this guitar is light and small" :) (don't know why, it feels kind of small/compact). And then my second thought was "what a thick neck"! Then i replaced the strings, set string height properly, and after that, magic started!
The Guitar feels really comfortable to play. PRS bridge is extremly stable, flat frets surface helps bending, after few minutes the 'thick neck' feeling disappeared completely. I was hesitant about the looks (usually, i prefer natural wood patterns rather than solid colour), but now i just can't take my eyes off it :) Red colour is hard to catch on the photos (redness is more intensive in real life). I'm supprised that the guitar is in excellent condition. It almost looks like brand new. Only thing that unfortunately is noticeably worn off, is the center single pickup. It has a lot pick makrs between strings (i guess, plastic pickup covers where not that good idea...) Other than that, like i said, it looks great.

Last but not least, it sounds fantastic! I love the coil tap (heavy/clean humbucker swithing), it opens a lot off possibilities and give the impression of two guitars in one body (modern/heavy beast and classic rocker). And even don't get me started on the clean sounds :) Maybe the coil split doesn't make PRS sound like stratocester (it's not as glassy), but still, it has it's own distinctive charm and nice warm feeling. Overall, I feel more than satisfied with the sound of the guitar.

Only downside - it's worth more than my previous 5 guitars combined :p But at the same time it really feels like premium instrument.

ps. sorry for my (sometimes) broken english, not a native speaker.

Q7pNaG9.jpg

x0mrf2R.jpg

Glad you enjoy it!!! I come from years playing Ibanez wizard necks. PRS necks feel great to me.
In general do not try to play with the pickup height on the humbuckers, they have some printed circuit board beneath them that can bend and you could have interminent sound, if not done properly.
That said, you can lower the middle single coil a little if you see your playing hits it.
Also try the single coil mode with the volume on 7-8, if you want less power from your single coils.
My favorite single coil sound is with both volume and tone at 7 or 8.
My main rhythm sound is set in clear humbucker mode with the volume at 6-7 so if you want more you can go full volume and you still have an extra heavy humbucker setting left!!
;)
I hope you will understand the versatility of the instrument you just got!!!

I am a 513 addict (i bought 4 of them) who was eyeing this on the Andertons website for a while but am happy u got it. The 513, for me, is the ultimate players guitar. It makes any sound you want and plays as easily as proverbial butter. My bandmate converted to the magic of the 513 ad well though I had to sell him one of my own as they are very rare guitars

Anderton's won't sell you a fake
I contacted PRS customer service via email. At first, they couldn't identify guitar properly, but after seeing more photos they confirmed that this is the real PRS.
I received the guitar in a fitted hard case, with a lot of candy inside (PRS pamphlets, manual, specs, spare screws, and much more). This is 11 y.o. guitar, and seeing that, the instrument is in excellent condition, and all of the documentation and accessories are still in, i think someone loved this guitar :)

Before i found this one on Andertons, i almost bought this cheap knock off (1/10 price of the real deal, and yes i feel ashamed):
6RA0wUg.png

Huuuge congrats!!! The 513 is an incredible guitar. One of my favorites. I had one some years ago and sold it. About a month later I will regretted selling it badly. I recently picked up a used private stock version. I absolutely love its diversity. Enjoy it and use it to its fullest potential.

That is sweet, congrats!
Is the name of the color listed on any of the case candy? Looks like the PRS take on Fiesta Red

Is the name of the color listed on any of the case candy? Looks like the PRS take on Fiesta Red
Sorry, no info about the color :(

I've noticed that one little screw that tighten tremolo arm is missing.
Does anyone have any idea how it is called or where to get one? My tremolo arm keeps falling out :/

OwYWWE9.png

Does anyone have any idea how it is called or where to get one? My tremolo arm keeps falling out :/

OwYWWE9.png

I’m sure if you contact Andertons, they will help you. I don’t mean to be cheeky, but if you haven’t already, check the case, it may have rattled loose during transit.

OwYWWE9.png

I'm a little slow to respond, but are you sure it isn't there? That "grub screw" hides deep in that cavity, and only that tiny allen wrench will find it - sometimes it feels like it isn't there, but it really is. Oh, and not the tiniest allen wrench in the PRS kit, the second-from-tiniest, IIRC.

Back