Is my PRS Fake

Shifu

Hi all,

I have just started playing and purchased a PRS SE T50E. Well I think that's the model I have. After looking at it and the serial number I think it maybe a fake but not sure. Can some one please help me as I don't have a clue. Thanks you all.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I dont understand why the headstock doesn't have a serial number on like it should though and has it inside the guitar though. This does not corraspond with what prs say? How sure are you that it is real.

I can’t answer that, how ever the fakers haven’t got to this level of detail, yet. Thankfully.

This is the level they’ve got to so far -

Just Google a real PRS Dragon and you will notice the differences.

I can’t answer that, how ever the fakers haven’t got to this level of detail, yet. Thankfully.

This is the level they’ve got to so far -

Just Google a real PRS Dragon and you will notice the differences.
Thank you for your help however PRS have replied the below ao no I'm even more confused as the guitar shop I took it to who sell prs acoustic guitars serviced it asd said its genuine... Totally confused.

Bindu (PRS Guitars)

Mar 22, 2024, 12:14 EDT

Hello Matt,

Thank you for reaching out to PRS Guitars. I'm sorry the guitar does not appear to be an authentic PRS.
Kind regards,
Bindu
Customer Service

PRS Guitars
410-643-9970

Mattshifu

Mar 21, 2024, 16:24 EDT

Hello. I have recently purchased what I think is a PRS SE T50E however I question the authenticity of the guitar. Could you please help me to establish what model this is and where it was made etc. The seller had no paperwork at all so I don't know if this is a current model or discontinu ed. Thank you. Matt.

Ok I stand corrected.

These are some of the details that the fakers don’t normally copy correctly -

Headstock joint.

Label.

These are stock images, taken from the internet of a genuine PRS SE T50.

Your images are grainy from Pinterest and there are no pics of the top of the headstock.

If the forgers are getting this detailed and fooling the dealers, then we’re all in trouble.

Going back to the point of purchase is the next port of call.

From a quick check of the Pinned images with the ones above, it's missing any labelling on the back of the headstock and I don't see any date on the inside sticker looks different with no date.

From a quick check of the Pinned images with the ones above, it's missing any labelling on the back of the headstock and I don't see any date on the inside sticker looks different with no date.

Yeah I couldn’t find an absolute match for the label. The image I shared is from a vintage series, however the rest of the label is a pretty good likeness.

The head stock (rear view) that the OP shared is so blurred (for me) that it almost looks like there’s something between the tuners, a clearer image would help.

What a mystery.

Sorry all Pinterest compressed my images. I uploaded a load on a new link on 1st post pls take a look. If this is fake I am shocked at how well made it is.... I'm thinking maybe it was a prototype as its so well made

Yeah I couldn’t find an absolute match for the label. The image I shared is from a vintage series, however the rest of the label is a pretty good likeness.

The head stock (rear view) that the OP shared is so blurred (for me) that it almost looks like there’s something between the tuners, a clearer image would help.

What a mystery.
Thanks for your response. I uploaded new images. I have searched for days online for fake prs acoustic guitars and found absolutely nothing. I am not convinced it's a fake cause it's so well made and the detail is spot on. Even the guitar shop didn't say it was a fake????

The birds are all different and are recessed into the fret board and are flush etc

Thanks all and sorry about Pinterest images Flickr was much better. Greatfull for all the help. So now it's legit why on earth does it have no serial number on the headstock? And also the serial number on that label doesn't match with anything on the PRS site? Very odd hey??

Thanks all and sorry about Pinterest images Flickr was much better. Greatfull for all the help. So now it's legit why on earth does it have no serial number on the headstock? And also the serial number on that label doesn't match with anything on the PRS site? Very odd hey??
What is the serial # ?

I can see the serial number sticker on the back of the headstock in the new pictures. Also, the "Date" on the sound hole sticker would be a serial number from that time. I can't see the whole sticker on the back of the headstock, though.

Nevermind saw in the pics, Maybe it's the 2019 with the "CT" dropped off due to limited space...

So now it's legit why on earth does it have no serial number on the headstock?
I didn't even notice there's no serial on the HS. I just saw the other print, which I didn't see before in the other pics, and said oh it's there!

I don't know why it wouldn't be there. Things happen and it's mass produced? I really can't answer anything about that. I would send PRS the improved images and go with whatever they say.

Back