SE 277 Authenticity

Thanks to all of you. I will do my best to publish a picture of the guitar here. I find the CE a bit strange before the serial number as it is in a totally different lettering. It goes like this: ce S00159, where the ce is in white and the S00159 is in gold.

Read the post right above when you wrote this. It explains it exactly.

Nothing wrong with your 277, it’s nice and I’m sure plays great.

Hi all (NJ Devil, Confirmed Bird Snob - love your nickname:), Alnus Rubra, Mad Scientist and Gtrbldr),

I also just received confirmation from PRS Europe that it is legit (although, after reading a few hundred posts, I am not sure about the capacity of PRS people to make such evaluations...).

All worked out in the end and I thank you all very much for your help and support.

One request, if I may push the envelop a bit further: Where can I buy the original truss rod cover (SE 277 engraved)?

Sincerely,

Miguel

Inline:

IMG-6734.jpg

Hi all (NJ Devil, Confirmed Bird Snob - love your nickname:), Alnus Rubra, Mad Scientist and Gtrbldr),

I also just received confirmation from PRS Europe that it is legit (although, after reading a few hundred posts, I am not sure about the capacity of PRS people to make such evaluations...).

All worked out in the end and I thank you all very much for your help and support.

One request, if I may push the envelop a bit further: Where can I buy the original truss rod cover (SE 277 engraved)?

Sincerely,

Miguel

You could always try these guys.

Congratulations and welcome, Miguel. I have the same guitar and it's tremendous. Do stick around and join the fun.

Hi there,

Thanks for the kind words (by reading your lines I could just tell that we were of the same generation 🙂).

It is a tremendous guitar, indeed. It is too bad that the truss rod cover is missing…

By the way, this is my first baritone, so what string gage and tuning do you use?

Sincerely,

Miguel

I tune B to B. My strings are D’Addario 13-62. Think Albert King’s “drowning on dry land” for a tone reference. The amp is a 22 watt tube with 2-12” speakers. One of the speakers is a neodymium 120 watter. Can’t blow that bad boy in this amp. This gets the low guitar tone I want.

Back