Possible Fake PRS S2 - But its Convincing.

Gaxzic

So, Been on the hunt for an American made PRS for a while but funds are always an issue, an S2 is a perfect little in-between for me, found a great deal on a 2018 PRS S2 Custom 22, so went for it. While just double checking bit i noticed the Serial number on the Headstock, it just didn't look right and sure enough it was missing a number "18 S234142" should be "18 S2034142" (now if i was hand writing all these id make a few mistakes and that's probably the mistake id make but still... element of Doubt). When i checked every other PRS S2 and other models they all followed the PRS Serial number guide perfect. It comes with a Gig Bag which looks perfect, and all the standard PRS info booklets. Only thing they don't have is a Receipt, but has told me the shop, but that was a year ago and the shop don't have records of all their sales.

It fooled me, but Id appreciate some input.

Do you like it?
Does it play well?
Does it sound good?

A good guitar is a good guitar no matter who made it.
Congratulations on your new guitar.
Go enjoy it.
I Absolutely agree with you, first PRS so don't really know what its meant to feel like? But the owner seems legit and he said he'd never noticed and had played many inc top range stuff and he was convinced.

That being said when you're paying Top money for a Top Range item and then find out its a knock off, it taints the process and the feeling changes. imo.

That looks legit to me. When people fake guitars they usually fake the high end of the manufacturer. I have never seen a gig bag or paperwork faked either, especially looking just like what PRS puts out. I don't think I have ever seen a PRS fake that wasn't of a core guitar and those are usually really easy to spot if you know PRS guitars.

I actually have a fake Chinese that was an experiment for a junker beater that I wouldn't care if it got the hell beat out of it or destroyed. I have custom wound pickups and a complete rewiring plus a MannMade tremolo bridge with locking tuners on it. I promise you that you would know if it was a fake! While mine rocks out, it was a complete rebuild of everything but the wood and frets!

There is no doubt about a fake from the bootleggers!

Back