Questions I Don't Have the Guts to Ask my PRS Dealer

HANGAR18

Who is John Galt?
How about a game of "Questions I Don't Have the Guts to Ask my PRS Dealer"?

I don't have the guts to ask my favorite PRS dealer about ordering a 2018 Custom 24-08 in Antique White with some Ted Nugent style black Zebra Stripes front & back (with a natural edge of course).

Will me dealer throw me out of the store?
Will PRS Guitars return to me a quote equal to what a Dragon would cost?
If I actually received a guitar like that, would I be elated or would I suddenly realize that I watched the High Enough video by Damn Yankees way too much while drinking rum and that I don't really want to relive the 80's anymore?

I don't have the guts to ask my favorite PRS dealer about ordering a 2018 Custom 24-08 in Antique White with some Ted Nugent style black Zebra Stripes front & back (with a natural edge of course).

If I actually received a guitar like that, would I be elated or would I suddenly realize that I watched the High Enough video by Damn Yankees way too much while drinking rum and that I don't really want to relive the 80's anymore?

Do it!

Funny story relating to this. In 1991 I interned on the Letterman Show with the Sound Engineer. Damn Yankees were the musical guest one night, along with Arnold Schwarzenegger, who was promoting T2. Ted's guitar tech came in early, popped his head into the sound room, and told us to make sure we get the sound right - Ted "is armed" and won't be happy if there's problems. Oh, and could he leave Ted's bow and arrows in the room (you never know when you might need those in NY City!) Anyway, Ted had his Zebra-striped PRS, and during sound-check that afternoon, sat with his feet up on Letterman's desk and ripped through some pretty amazing stuff.

Long story longer...;) at the show taping later that afternoon, I was in the mens' room taking a leak, and Ted came in and took the stall next to me. He invited me to hang out in their dressing room, as Arnold's interview was taking longer than planned. All the Yankees were nice guys, but that was probably the last time I though of Ted as a nice guy (now he's just a nut-job.)

Me, at 21, with hair (although nothing compared to the manes on the boys next to me :D)...

yufidLZ.jpg

Last edited:
Jack Blades looks like Pauley Shore in that photo! :D Great story, Dirty_Boogie!
Funny thing is, I hadn't thought of the Zebra-striped PRS in years, until the OP posted.

P.S. I just searched for Damn Yankees Letterman on YouTube, and the performance is there (and now I remember what the bow and arrows were for.)

Funny thing is, I hadn't thought of the Zebra-striped PRS in years, until the OP posted.

P.S. I just searched for Damn Yankees Letterman on YouTube, and the performance is there (and now I remember what the bow and arrows were for.)

Ha!! I just looked that up too! Hysterical! I don't think I've ever seen Uncle Ted wearing shorts and a t-shirt before!
Looking at that guitar I think I can do without the natural edge in order to have the stripes wrap nicely around the back of the body, neck and headstock. ;)

You need to insist on going in the Vault with your dealer to pick out the Zebra strips :)

Ha!! I just looked that up too! Hysterical! I don't think I've ever seen Uncle Ted wearing shorts and a t-shirt before!
Looking at that guitar I think I can do without the natural edge in order to have the stripes wrap nicely around the back of the body, neck and headstock. ;)

Loin cloth and no shirt are the days I remember

Last edited:
Back