Q: PRS SE Angelus body construction materials

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by HANGAR18, Nov 29, 2013.

1. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Nice!

Edm likes this.
  2. Edm

Edm Guitars are my souls outlet

Does anyone know for sure if Paul Reed Smith reads this forum ?

also does anyone know for sure what the gold purfling and rosette trim on my Angelus SE A40E is made of ? Real or plastic shell or just a tape or decal?

3. shinksma

shinksma What? I get a title?

PRSh reads this forum extremely rarely, I would assume. But what do I know? Maybe he skims through every night as he sips a scotch for amusement.

No idea on the materials for the purfling and rosette, but probably mostly plastic-based, but solid, not a decal.

EDIT: Oh, and why was this thread never moved to the acoustic guitars forum? Seems weird to be reading it here, even after so many years.

Edm likes this.
  4. Edm

Edm Guitars are my souls outlet

Thanks for your input.

I just now read on PRS website the purfling and rosette are made from Tiger Acrylic so you are correct sir.

If he doesn't it seems a shame even though he might be comfortable at this point in his life where public opinion from users of his instruments may not ( and I say again may not) be one of his major concerns but those opinions may still influence him to some degree.

Of course there is also the point that he is a busy man so time may be the issue for him.

I am new here so I can not say why this thread is where it is.