Q: PRS SE Angelus body construction materials

pics of my new PRS Angelus A40E

0wGgcmf.jpg

sNT8wAj.jpg

Nice!

Reactions: Edm
Does anyone know for sure if Paul Reed Smith reads this forum ?

also does anyone know for sure what the gold purfling and rosette trim on my Angelus SE A40E is made of ? Real or plastic shell or just a tape or decal?

PRSh reads this forum extremely rarely, I would assume. But what do I know? Maybe he skims through every night as he sips a scotch for amusement.

No idea on the materials for the purfling and rosette, but probably mostly plastic-based, but solid, not a decal.

EDIT: Oh, and why was this thread never moved to the acoustic guitars forum? Seems weird to be reading it here, even after so many years.

Reactions: Edm
Thanks for your input.

I just now read on PRS website the purfling and rosette are made from Tiger Acrylic so you are correct sir.

If he doesn't it seems a shame even though he might be comfortable at this point in his life where public opinion from users of his instruments may not ( and I say again may not) be one of his major concerns but those opinions may still influence him to some degree.

Of course there is also the point that he is a busy man so time may be the issue for him.

I am new here so I can not say why this thread is where it is.

Back