Rosewood neck string recommendations

LaxActium

Hey guys, trying to figure out which strings to go with when I get setup my Wood Library DGT.
It has a full Rosewood neck so it sounds a bit deeper than the Mahogany necks.
My go to has always been Rotosound. I do have a couple of PRS Signature 10s on hand as well.
Do any Rosewood neck owners use different strings to either bring out or balance the sound of your guitars?
I have not tried D’Addario XS before but have been curious!

I also have an SE DGT as well and it sounds amazing out of the box with the stock PRS Classic strings.

Recommendations and suggestions are welcome!

The only PRS I have with a solid rosewood neck is my Santana with a Brazilian neck. IME, Brazilian tends to promote a wide tonal spectrum with an extra little sparkle to the sounds, so I just use the same high nickel content strings (10s) I use for my others, for a fat, balanced tone.

Hot humid weather tends to accelerate organic elements .. on everything ( especially corrosion) Ever wonder why slide is so popular in Southern music? Man, when it's so hot and humid your fingers can't stay on the fretboard , grab that slide .. which works a bit better on coated strings.. .. welcome to the South .. thankfully Kudzu doesn't effect guitars!
kudzu1.jpg

Last edited:
Isnt the idea of a different wood that it sounds different?
Yes that’s why I want to be able to find strings that don’t over accentuate a certain frequency. Most strings market themselves as balanced, bright, high output, and etc. But in reality they are not always the case!

Back