String Cleaners and Fiore Maple Fretboard

Fiore4me

Anybody use the Ernie Ball Wonder Wipe String Cleaners on their Fiore? Want to make sure I do not damage maple neck. I am a big fan of wiping down strings, and even do it on set breaks when hands have been sweaty. Besides tone I notice a big difference in tactile feel with clean strings. Now I have a Fiore which I love and want to be careful.

I use Connoisseur's Silver Jewelry Cloth. White side to clean, pink side to polish. I wipe the strings down every time I'm done playing and also do each individual string when brand new prior to string changes. Keeps them lasting a long time. Someone on this forum posted about this years ago (don't remember who) but I tried it and loved it.

I use Connoisseur's Silver Jewelry Cloth. White side to clean, pink side to polish. I wipe the strings down every time I'm done playing and also do each individual string when brand new prior to string changes. Keeps them lasting a long time. Someone on this forum posted about this years ago (don't remember who) but I tried it and loved it.

I think it was @DreamTheaterRules

Glad to hear this. It was me, and it REALLY does work!

Glad to hear this. It was me, and it REALLY does work!
Thought it was you, but I wasn't sure. And, thanks much for sharing the cloth's magic properties. As long as you wipe the new strings down before you string 'em up, then wipe them down after playing they last a long long time. Longer than the Elixers did when I used them.
Bodia talked to me while I was in the penalty box a couple weeks ago
What'd you do - say FU@K? :D

Thought it was you, but I wasn't sure. And, thanks much for sharing the cloth's magic properties. As long as you wipe the new strings down before you string 'em up, then wipe them down after playing they last a long long time. Longer than the Elixers did when I used them.
Yes, it's kind of shocking how long some of them last! People don't believe it until they try it.

I wonder how a silicone cloth used for wiping down firearms would work on the strings. I have a few of those around here. I don't have any issues with my strings not lasting though. I get quite a long life out of them.

That's all? I thought maybe it was something serious, like saying the MN Vikings are cheaters. We fans know that's not true - we just lose. And we do it the old-fashioned way: we suck! ;)
Yep, that's all it takes to get smacked down around here. And I've always pulled for the Vikings since my boy Chris Carter went there years ago.

Back