String Change Foreplay.

I don't know how it happens - I try to put my stuff away in the same place every time, but I guess I don't?

I'll have to take a pic of my solution, such as it is. At least I'll know where the tools are for each guitar!

I keep everything on a shelf and a tool drawer. So many of these little setup tools are just that: tiny. Easy to lose if you arent careful. I can tell you the best investment I've ever made in terms of guitar tools is a precision screwdriver and bit set. You can get rid of so many tools, like small Phillips drive screwdrivers or allen keys. I use that thing all the time. I'm always losing the little .05 allen key for saddles, but the screwdriver set I bought has a bit, so dont need those keys anymore.

Personally, I LOVE changing the strings on my guitar. I really enjoy cleaning up my guitars and find the task to be quite cathartic. Something about meticulously cleaning and making the instrument look and feel beautiful is just a wonderful experience for me.

I have a tool box full of microfiber cloths, tools, strings, polishes, cleaners, and anything else one might need when cleaning or setting up a guitar.

I even offer to do it for friends and family any chance I get, especially when it's a PRS!

Personally, I LOVE changing the strings on my guitar. I really enjoy cleaning up my guitars and find the task to be quite cathartic. Something about meticulously cleaning and making the instrument look and feel beautiful is just a wonderful experience for me.

I have a tool box full of microfiber cloths, tools, strings, polishes, cleaners, and anything else one might need when cleaning or setting up a guitar.

I even offer to do it for friends and family any chance I get, especially when it's a PRS!
I love the end result, but do not enjoy the process. Why can't these guitars be self cleaning like the oven! My freezer has auto defrost!! Isn't there an app that can take care of this for me!!!

You need one of these...

37B03D43-D54B-4453-80B1-21D8C4A75854_1_105_c.jpeg

"Ron Thorn Not Included..."

I love the end result, but do not enjoy the process. Why can't these guitars be self cleaning like the oven! My freezer has auto defrost!! Isn't there an app that can take care of this for me!!!
It used to be called having my daughter do it for me as part of her keep....
But as she now has moved out they dont get changed too often anymore...lol

This is what I use.

You're my hero! That's way too complicated and gigantic for me.

You are now officially my new best friend and I'm sending you all of my guitars at once! :)

This is what I use.

That is pretty slick! If I had the room, I would definitely get one!!

This very simple solution is more my speed.

Small leather wallet, fits in accessory box in the guitar case. Holds strings, small tools, picks and a capo (I don’t use a capo with this guitar, so there isn’t one in the pic)..

I put the tools in a very small ziplock bag so they’d stay together inside the wallet. The strings go in one pocket, the tools in the other pocket, the picks in the pick holder, and done. As organized as I need this to be.

7dIaWhQ.jpg

o5R2nKU.jpg

"Les, please tell me you aren't so frou-frou as to have a pick wallet in a color to match every guitar or case."

"Oh. I won't tell you. It'll be my little secret."

"You're an old yuppie."

"Nonsense. There's no such thing as too many, or too frou-frou, small leather goods. Besides, they're my EDGCC."

"What's that?"

"Every day guitar case carry."

":rolleyes:"

Last edited:
This very simple solution is more my speed.

Small leather wallet, fits in accessory box in the guitar case. Holds strings, small tools, picks and a capo (I don’t use a capo with this guitar, so there isn’t one in the pic)..

I put the tools in a very small ziplock bag so they’d stay together inside the wallet. The strings go in one pocket, the tools in the other pocket, the picks in the pick holder, and done. As organized as I need this to be.

7dIaWhQ.jpg

o5R2nKU.jpg

"Les, please tell me you aren't so frou-frou as to have a pick wallet in a color to match every guitar or case."

"Oh. I won't tell you. It'll be my little secret."

"You're an old yuppie."

"Nonsense. There's no such thing as too many, or too frou-frou, small leather goods."
Your pick collection cost more than some peoples guitars! Love that wallet, I will have to look at those once buying mode begins again!!

Your pick collection cost more than some peoples guitars! Love that wallet, I will have to look at those once buying mode begins again!!
Unfortunately, Rod isn't making this pick wallet any more. He's making a different one now.

As you know, Page One, Rule One of The Official Guitar Player's Blue Book states:

"1. All guitar-related gear that is no longer made is far more desirable than newer, improved items, and thereby acquires silly money value."

This is the mint condition, Gold Horsie Klon of pick wallets, my friend!

I can't even put a price on it. Fortunately, I have enough for each of my kids and grandkids to inherit one. No doubt they'll visit my urn and thank me. ;)

Unfortunately, Rod isn't making this pick wallet any more. He's making a different one now.

As you know, Page One, Rule One of The Official Guitar Player's Blue Book states:

"1. All guitar-related gear that is no longer made is far more desirable than newer, improved items, and acquires silly money value."

This is the mint condition, Gold Horsie Klon of pick wallets, my friend!

I can't even put a price on it. Fortunately, I have enough for each of my kids and grandkids to inherit one. No doubt they'll visit my urn and thank me. ;)
Yeah, I went to the Pinegrove website and did not see that color and the one he has is a different pocket layout. Still a cool idea though, I like it!! Congrats on the collection of unobtanium!!!

Yeah, I went to the Pinegrove website and did not see that color and the one he has is a different pocket layout. Still a cool idea though, I like it!! Congrats on the collection of unobtanium!!!
Honestly, I think the newer ones are better and more functional. I might have to buy a couple to have on hand just in case I have more grandkids down the road...

"Gee, nice yacht!"

"Thank you!"

"How on earth were you able to afford it?"

"My grandfather left me an original Piinegrove pick wallet. I put it up for auction at Christie's and got enough for it that I was able to buy this yacht."

"Hmmm. Maybe I should finally sell the gold horsie Klon my grandfather left me."

"Wait, you have a gold horsie Klon?"

"Yup."

"I'll trade you my yacht for it."

"Nah. I'm looking to trade for a house in The Hamptons."

"My sister might be interested..."

I had to google it after your comment. $75/piece picks... I'm not sure what to say
He swears by 'em! I personally could not handle having pics that cost that much!! I could lose my nose if it was not attached, so having something like that to lose so easily, not my bag baby!!! To each his own ;~))

Back