2 questions bout 594 se

ricky_49

Question 1 should I feel the end of the frets on both sides of the neck seems like they should be smother?question 2 it came with a gig bag from prs are they as could as a hard case? Seems like it moves around in the bag and hits the runners.any help on these would be appreciated

I don't fell anything on my SE594 fret ends. They should be smooth.

I like the gig bags better than the cases. Even when I only had Core guitars, I'd transport them around in a Silver Sky gig bag. Prior to that, I would use S2/SE bags without fear.

Weird to say, but fretwork has been a weak link on se lately. My experience has been the 594 is more so than some other models for whatever reason. One thing to note is wood changes to environment. Give it a minute to acclimate and things may improve.

Yes, comes with a gig bag. I use my gig bags far more than cases, but that's me and understand wanting a case. There's plenty of options out there. The core PRS case is an absolute freakin tank!

If you feel the fret ends, it's a sign of fretboard shrinkage from additional drying. I've had guitars from several makers show up a year or so later with this, but never a Core + PRS. The fix is fretwork. The wood doesn't know who bought it, shaped it, glued it, etc. If the guitar is new, call your dealer for a fix. If it's a year or more old, this is nature at work.

If you feel the fret ends, it's a sign of fretboard shrinkage from additional drying. I've had guitars from several makers show up a year or so later with this, but never a Core + PRS. The fix is fretwork. The wood doesn't know who bought it, shaped it, glued it, etc. If the guitar is new, call your dealer for a fix. If it's a year or more old, this is nature at work.
I just got it on Monday from gc it is new. Is it a simple sand on the frets or does the wood need worked

Weird to say, but fretwork has been a weak link on se lately. My experience has been the 594 is more so than some other models for whatever reason. One thing to note is wood changes to environment. Give it a minute to acclimate and things may improve.

Yes, comes with a gig bag. I use my gig bags far more than cases, but that's me and understand wanting a case. There's plenty of options out there. The core PRS case is an absolute freakin tank!
Kinda sucks I just got it on Monday from gc it was new so is it a easy fix with fret sanding or does the wood need worked

I

You might just need more humidity in the room or the board might need to be oiled. Last resort would be filing the fret ends but not something unreasonable by any means but that should've been done properly from the factory.

Question 1 should I feel the end of the frets on both sides of the neck seems like they should be smother?question 2 it came with a gig bag from prs are they as could as a hard case? Seems like it moves around in the bag and hits the runners.any help on these would be appreciated
I don't really understand what you're saying here...
Sorry answered the wrong person

I can not post a pic for some reason but I looked at some for sale on mp and they look like mine on the ends

I just got it on Monday from gc it is new. Is it a simple sand on the frets or does the wood need worked
Have a guitar tech take a look at it. You definitely do NOT need to work the wood. You're feeling the protruding fret ends after the wood shrank. Someone needs to block out the fretboard and properly dress the ends of the frets, usually with fret files and proper fretboard guards.

Back