NGD: Wood Library McCarty Trem

MojoPin

Been away from PRS for a while (swapped out my 408 for a Novo a while back but still wasn't the one) and picked a pretty special one to come back with.

fTaObzF.jpg

As the title says, this is a Wood Library McCarty Trem (2018) - been through a few owners before me but thankfully seems to have been well looked after. The finish is Aquamarine, but it's all in satin so it looks a lot darker than the gloss version would. Also features an all-rosewood neck (oh how I've always wanted a solid rosewood neck) and 57/08's. Originally it came with 58/15 MT's but one of the previous owners swapped them out - was a bit disappointed at first as I had been keen on getting a guitar with 58/15's but have to admit I really like how the 57/08's sound at the moment so may keep them after all! The only thing I'm not keen on are the gold elements so at some point I expect I'll swap out the tuners for either the faux-bone or nickel buttons.

Nice Ride! Congrats!!

Bone Or Rosewood Buttons For The Win!

Very nice! Congrats!

I swapped out the 58/15 LT pickups in my 594 for a set of 57/08s and I like them a lot better in my guitar. They have just a little more grunt to them but still have great clarity. I can understand why someone changed them out. Depending on when they did it, those may be the hotter version of the 57/08s. The ones in my guitar are a little hotter than all of my other 57/08s.

Very nice! Congrats!

I swapped out the 58/15 LT pickups in my 594 for a set of 57/08s and I like them a lot better in my guitar. They have just a little more grunt to them but still have great clarity. I can understand why someone changed them out. Depending on when they did it, those may be the hotter version of the 57/08s. The ones in my guitar are a little hotter than all of my other 57/08s.

Oh that’s interesting! No idea when the swap was done but the 57/08’s seem really well balanced - very warm but with clarity and the single coil tones are way nicer than I expected!

Oh that’s interesting! No idea when the swap was done but the 57/08’s seem really well balanced - very warm but with clarity and the single coil tones are way nicer than I expected!
If you have a meter that reads ohms, you can get a pretty good idea of what they measure to find out if they are a little hotter than the current or old spec.

Man! That is bamboozling in its beauty. That top pops so much especially through the satin! Love aquamarine and natural back and sides. Lucky fellow.

Back