NGD: Wood Library McCarty Trem

Congrats, that's awesome! FWIW, I say go with the Faux Bone tuners - I made the same change on the Hollowbody that's in my avatar, very happy with how it looks

Been away from PRS for a while (swapped out my 408 for a Novo a while back but still wasn't the one) and picked a pretty special one to come back with.

fTaObzF.jpg

As the title says, this is a Wood Library McCarty Trem (2018) - been through a few owners before me but thankfully seems to have been well looked after. The finish is Aquamarine, but it's all in satin so it looks a lot darker than the gloss version would. Also features an all-rosewood neck (oh how I've always wanted a solid rosewood neck) and 57/08's. Originally it came with 58/15 MT's but one of the previous owners swapped them out - was a bit disappointed at first as I had been keen on getting a guitar with 58/15's but have to admit I really like how the 57/08's sound at the moment so may keep them after all! The only thing I'm not keen on are the gold elements so at some point I expect I'll swap out the tuners for either the faux-bone or nickel buttons.
Gorgeous. Northeast Music Center did a run of those, and I had one. Fantastic guitar. The gold parts are part of PRS' Mixed Hardware (kind of like a stainless and gold Rolex), an extra cost option that was part of the dealer run.

The bird inlays are two kinds of shell as well (looks like mother of pearl and paua). Wouldn't surprise me if this was indeed one of Jack Gretz' (NEMC) run.

Congrats, that's awesome! FWIW, I say go with the Faux Bone tuners - I made the same change on the Hollowbody that's in my avatar, very happy with how it looks
Ordered the tuners - very much looking forward to swapping them out, think they’ll look great!

Gorgeous. Northeast Music Center did a run of those, and I had one. Fantastic guitar. The gold parts are part of PRS' Mixed Hardware (kind of like a stainless and gold Rolex), an extra cost option that was part of the dealer run.

The bird inlays are two kinds of shell as well (looks like mother of pearl and paua). Wouldn't surprise me if this was indeed one of Jack Gretz' (NEMC) run.

This guitar was for a run with a shop called Sound Affects in the UK according to all the paperwork, but could well have been with that dealer in the US too!

Back