Roasted Maple neck vs. Solid Rosewood neck

Lewguitar

Old Know It All
Anyone compared them on the same guitar?

I have a solid rosewood neck for my next parts-o-caster on order so I'll be able to answer the question myself soon.

But I'd like to hear anyone's thought on this.

I would expect each to bring out something different sound wise.

I dunno-but my shoulder is hurting just thinking of the weight! Ouch!
Oh no...it won't be like that at all. Roasted Swamp Ash bodies are light. And Roasted Maple Strat and Tele necks are lighter than standard maple necks.

Wish PRS would make a Silver Sky like that.

I predict it would be a truly magical sounding guitar!

I love the one I made. Now I'm going to make another one with no mistakes.

Oh no...it won't be like that at all. Roasted Swamp Ash bodies are light. And Roasted Maple Strat and Tele necks are lighter than standard maple necks.

Wish PRS would make a Silver Sky like that.

I predict it would be a truly magical sounding guitar!

I love the one I made. Now I'm going to make another one with no mistakes.

Let us know how it turns out Lew. Then we can tell Fender to make the NewLew guitar and discontinue the Geo. Harrison Rosewood guitar! :)

Doug

Once you try rosewood you'll be hooked for life . I have necks from about every wood you can think of , and rosewood and it's cousins are the most magical ( ie cocobolo) They just ring
So does Roasted Maple! Laura Lee tells me when I play "her" guitar unplugged it doesn't sound thin, metallic and twangy. The neck and body resonate together and it sounds like an acoustic guitar,

I'm thrilled to finally be able to make music on these woods,

I have a rosewood neck with a flame maple fretboard on a 2TEK Tele I bought years ago. It was in a few videos on YouTube. It is interesting. The body is ash. It has a little weight to it but it is a great sounding Tele.

I have a rosewood neck with a flame maple fretboard on a 2TEK Tele I bought years ago. It was in a few videos on YouTube. It is interesting. The body is ash. It has a little weight to it but it is a great sounding Tele.
Roasted maple and roasted ash are what I'll be using for own builds from now on.

Love the sound!

Once you try rosewood you'll be hooked for life . I have necks from about every wood you can think of , and rosewood and it's cousins are the most magical ( ie cocobolo) They just ring
What other woods would you consider "cousins", would Ziriocote be one for example?

I haven't done it with roasted maple but I have had both these neck on this and other guitars. To me, it sounds like the rosewood attenuates some of the kids and the maple attenuates lows.

On this specific paulownia body, both balance well weight wise. I have a cypress/walnut body that the rosewood dives and another set of bodies that are African teak that are so heavy nether makes a difference.

[Media]

I haven't done it with roasted maple but I have had both these neck on this and other guitars. To me, it sounds like the rosewood attenuates some of the kids and the maple attenuates lows.

On this specific paulownia body, both balance well weight wise. I have a cypress/walnut body that the rosewood dives and another set of bodies that are African teak that are so heavy nether makes a difference.

[Media]
Well sometimes those kids DO need attenuating.

Thanks!

It is a HUGE family of woods
True rosewoods
From Dalbergia species:

Ziricote is considered a "false rosewood" , as are Bocote, Pau Ferro, Pau Rosa

Back