PRS Wish List for 2015 - Electric Guitars

I thought I'd be the only one to suggest bringing the 305 back - I'd LOVE to see the 305 back. Or something very similar. I wasn't a DC3 fan, but the 305 looked and sounded killer. Still looking for one when the money is right.

I'd love to see Experience back so I could go for the first time.

I'd also love to see them offer 59/09s with regular covers and usable for a 3 way switch and push pull setup instead of the Squabbins for a 5 way switch.

OK I am already happy they brought back the Custom 22... but if I can dream it would be:

1) A new core McCarty model with the 2-piece bridge and locking tuners. With 59/09 pickups. Would buy this in a heartbeat.
2) ...the return of the CEs :tongue:

... ooooh and I just realized a big ommision.

3) CU24 7 String, CORE model. Do it. It will sell*

* if you want to sell it to ME, please give it an adjustable hardtail :biggrin:

My two asks for the year of 2015.

S2 Singlecut Trem
S2 Singlecut 7 String

Id like to have both as that would just about complete my collection.

DGT P90
DGT Hollowbody or SemiHollow
S2 McCarty

And they better have Experience this year!!

I will 2nd or 3rd or 4th a baritone S2 option. But I had already started another thread about that a while ago.

I would like to 5th or 6th or 7th the S2 baritone model, with a wide variety of available colors to pick from!

Other than that, I'm already sold on a P245 for my next PRS purchase.

..Im probably gonna get booed here for doing this to a McCarty singlecut private stock..but I want to do one with a Floyd rose !!..but lets
back that Floyd up at least piezo distance from treble pickup please !!!!..not that Im gonna use piezo...just going off of what evh taught us..but better !

Last edited:
The Holcomb looks cool. I like the longer scale, flat radius, maple neck, and I LOVE the SATIN finish! Sting through is cool, but not what I'm looking for in a new PRS.

Bring back the Satin finish! I know no one else likes it, but I'm worth it, right?

I think the whole point of the S2 line to avoid the expense associated with quilt-tops. So a Core SC Floyd 10-top would be possible, but even quilt-tops aren't available outside of the PS line (no longer offered in the AP).

My reason for suggesting it be an S2 was simply because it seemed a bit out of the ordinary for a core model. I'm all for a core model, I just doubted it would generate tons of interest. Besides, I assumed if it were an S2 it could have a maple cap with a quilt veneer and still not break the price point.

Anyway, that's my wish for 2015.

Like several of you I would love to see a core 7-string but with a longer scale than the SE or a core/S2 baritone to replace the discontinued Mushok. I've been wishing for the last 6 years now they would put in production a Ben Burnley (Breaking Benjamin) Signature baritone. Definately excited about the new Mark Holcomb axe that was announced today \m/

My reason for suggesting it be an S2 was simply because it seemed a bit out of the ordinary for a core model. I'm all for a core model, I just doubted it would generate tons of interest. Besides, I assumed if it were an S2 it could have a maple cap with a quilt veneer and still not break the price point.

Anyway, that's my wish for 2015.

One of the cool things about S2s though is that they have solid maple tops just like the Core line - no veneers used at all. The only difference is the visual grade of the wood used. SEs on the other hand do use veneers.

Going to a veneer assembly would actually add complexity to the S2 production and thus increase the price.

Singlecut 250 pattern thin neck.
I would buy one today if it was offered without having to go private stock.

3479.jpg

I hesitate to provide a wish-list, because it would mean I would need to fund it if anything came true!

Um...

1. Same as your #2: A 305-type replacement
2. Expand HB line-up to include a 24-fret version (similar to your #3, yet maybe opposite?)
3. Core or S2 Baritone or 7-string. I have the SE models, and would love to have MOAR!

Even if none of that occurs, I am very likely to expand my PRS collection in 2015 - there are a few specific models (one current, some legacy) that I would love to get a hold of...
So I would like to amend my wish list to adjust #2 for what could be a pretty straight-forward product offering:

P24 Semi-hollow.

CU24 Semi-hollows already exist as limited runs, so do the same to the P24. Offer up the usual AP upgrades. I'd buy it in a heartbeat, and worry about the credit card later.

Back