PRS SE Swamp Ash Special!

Sort of off subject a little maybe…….anyhow. What is the avg weight of the core SAS same config as the SE’s? I guess I would think pretty hefty, high eights. Thanks also I’m betting these perhaps all SE’s aside from acoustics and hollowbodies are made in the Indonesian factories which so far I’m not a fan of. I would have to see/play one in person but they sure look great and like some I’m surprised they offered this model up as an SE (mod platform). Cheers

Sort of off subject a little maybe…….anyhow. What is the avg weight of the core SAS same config as the SE’s? I guess I would think pretty hefty, high eights. Thanks also I’m betting these perhaps all SE’s aside from acoustics and hollowbodies are made in the Indonesian factories which so far I’m not a fan of. I would have to see/play one in person but they sure look great and like some I’m surprised they offered this model up as an SE (mod platform). Cheers

My '97 SAS weighs 8.2lbs. Config-Swamp ash body with maple neck and board, HSH, 3 way, stock push pull engaged middle pickup.and split bridge. Same config on se that's made at the Indonesian factory.

Sure enough, there are some shops with in-store photos of them, just not listed for sale online yet.

They went with the 3-way toggle control setup like the older SAS models - if it’s like the older core models, middle pickup only engaged when the push pull is engaged for coil split (at least my understanding, never had one). A little surprising that they didn’t go with a 5-way blade for the versatility of more pickup selections. But, as a member of the Middle Pickup Mafia, I’m a fan!

PS - looks like I was wrong about the SE CE, too, I’m seeing them around.

I'm really interested in an SE SAS if I can find one at a decent weight... I think it'd be an awesome mod platform, and I'd be all over that.

The official announcement is supposedly the 10th. I'm not sure why they are selling at dealers early.
My guess is PRS learned from the SE SS and SE 594, that you need plenty in stock when you announce a new guitar. So this time the dealers are ready, but with the stock just sitting there, the dealers want to start moving them.

My guess is PRS learned from the SE SS and SE 594, that you need plenty in stock when you announce a new guitar. So this time the dealers are ready, but with the stock just sitting there, the dealers want to start moving them.
I never really had an issue finding either of those models in stock or demo, especially the se594. They've been everywhere since seems like day one in all configurations and finishes with multiple to choose. The seSS was easy enough as well, but somewhat limited on finishes. The maple board seSS has been easy enough too. The seDGT is another story around here, but there's never core stock of those either.

In principle I agree, if you're going to announce something have it available for purchase. In my industry, I get prerelease stuff all the time, but the contracts don't allow me to release until launch.

My 2005 SAS weighs in at 7.8 lbs. Great weight.

I never really had an issue finding either of those models in stock or demo, especially the se594. They've been everywhere since seems like day one in all configurations and finishes with multiple to choose. The seSS was easy enough as well, but somewhat limited on finishes. The maple board seSS has been easy enough too. The seDGT is another story around here, but there's never core stock of those either.

In principle I agree, if you're going to announce something have it available for purchase. In my industry, I get prerelease stuff all the time, but the contracts don't allow me to release until launch.
I got both my SE SS and SE 594 from a big box retailer the day they were announced. I had to wait on the SS for sure. Don’t remember how long now, but at least a couple of weeks. And I had ordered the double cut version of the SE 594, and the color I wanted had sold out already, but they still had some of the SC models in the color I wanted. So I got it instead. If not for that, I would have waited on it too. And sure I probably could have searched around and got my SS faster, but it doesn’t change the fact that a big famous retailer sold out on day one.

It doesn’t change the fact that a big famous retailer sold out on day one.
Doesn't surprise me with the large customer base and parts of the country that don't have really have shops.

I saw something on FB this morning that official announcement will be at noon today. They also said something about a SE CE which would be interesting if it is true.

Tik Tok Tik Tok

I saw something on FB this morning that official announcement will be at noon today. They also said something about a SE CE which would be interesting if it is true.

Tik Tok Tik Tok
The seCe is true. They've already been for sale at some dealers. There's another thread about it.

Back