PRS In Church?

I'm taking a fiore this weekend. The other guy I'm playing with just got a pete thorn suhr and is busting to try it out live. He asked me to bring something diff tonally to the all mahogany humbuck equipped suhr, so swamp ash and maple fiore it is. We are both packing fractal fm9s. Lol.

First world problems.........

I'm taking a fiore this weekend. The other guy I'm playing with just got a pete thorn suhr and is busting to try it out live. He asked me to bring something diff tonally to the all mahogany humbuck equipped suhr, so swamp ash and maple fiore it is. We are both packing fractal fm9s. Lol.

Off topic.
What presets are you using on your FM9? I use an FM9T, too.

Very cool. By the way; I highly doubt you have to bring something different along. It is more a matter of both playing the right parts/not being in each others way. If you give each space, it will work like a charm, regardless of the guitar.

I am up next sunday as well. Lots of music last month, most likely I will use my wife's SE HB2. That one has not seen a stage yet and should have it's first moment in the sun.

OOF...just got asked to play a retreat saturday.....been a while since I did the P&W stuff....stayed up until 4 am last night on a crash course of 10 songs...

My Jesus,
Your Love awakens me,
Lion and the Lamb,
Old church choir,
The Only name,
God so loved,
Reckless love,
Take it all,
This is amazing grace,
God's not dead

I'm the sole electric gutiar....so it's gunna be fun. I'm done with all of them except the last....dealing with online tutorials is challenging and they don't always show the best and cleanest way to play parts.

Dragging out my Friedman runt 20 and my CU24 that I have slotted for this stuff. Built my pedalboard I'm gunna be using as well, still tweaking it out.

My trusty SE is doing tutorial duty as well as I learn songs.

XIQMRYo.jpg

Last edited:
OOF...just got asked to play a retreat saturday.....been a while since I did the P&W stuff....stayed up until 4 am last night on a crash course of 10 songs...

My Jesus,
Your Love awakens me,
Lion and the Lamb,
Old church choir,
The Only name,
God so loved,
Reckless love,
Take it all,
This is amazing grace,
God's not dead

I'm the sole electric gutiar....so it's gunna be fun. I'm done with all of them except the last....dealing with online tutorials is challenging and they don't always show the best and cleanest way to play parts.

Dragging out my Friedman runt 20 and my CU24 that I have slotted for this stuff. Built my pedalboard I'm gunna be using as well, still tweaking it out.

My trusty SE is doing tutorial duty as well as I learn songs.

XIQMRYo.jpg
10 songs is a challenge.
Yup. The tutorials too often give you that person’s version of what HE plays on a particular song instead of the hooks on the recording. I usually research the tutorials and then work out what I’m going to play from the recordings.

Last edited:
When you are the only guitar in the band, and you play without tracks, that gives a lot of freedom to fill in according to taste and the band. Gonna be fun at practice to sort out how to make sure you and the keys are not in eacht others' way. I always have some rework on those songs!

When you are the only guitar in the band, and you play without tracks, that gives a lot of freedom to fill in according to taste and the band. Gonna be fun at practice to sort out how to make sure you and the keys are not in eacht others' way. I always have some rework on those songs!
Yup for sure! The keyboardist is a awesome musician and we vibe and react off each other easily. We had our first practice and things went very well.

Used my SE Standard 24 today at church. All three services went real well!

This is the Day (An oldie!)
Oh You Bring
His Mercy is More
King of Kings
Great I Am
Thank You Jesus For The Blood
Great set of songs to play.

Served today as well in a different team than usual: stand in guy. Since we are multi lingual, we did a mix of dutch and engish songs. Was a good service, blessed.

Used my upgraded McC 2009 smokeburst (yes, the one with the pixy dust 5708 PUs that PRS botched by putting in two neck PUs :p). Wolfetone MK2 made this into a wonderful worship guitar!

Used my SE Standard 24 today at church. All three services went real well!

This is the Day (An oldie!)
Oh You Bring
His Mercy is More
King of Kings
Great I Am
Thank You Jesus For The Blood
Is that "Oh You Bring", from Hillsong United?

That's one of my all time favorites :D

Great set of songs to play.

Served today as well in a different team than usual: stand in guy. Since we are multi lingual, we did a mix of dutch and engish songs. Was a good service, blessed.

Used my upgraded McC 2009 smokeburst (yes, the one with the pixy dust 5708 PUs that PRS botched by putting in two neck PUs :p). Wolfetone MK2 made this into a wonderful worship guitar!
Oh yeah

Is that "Oh You Bring", from Hillsong United?

That's one of my all time favorites :D
Yes it is! Never heard the song until I sat down to learn it. I made a few changes seeing how I was the only electric guitar player up today. (Had another guy on acoustic). Even came up with my own solo. Great song and I enjoyed playing it.

Yes it is! Never heard the song until I sat down to learn it. I made a few changes seeing how I was the only electric guitar player up today. (Had another guy on acoustic). Even came up with my own solo. Great song and I enjoyed playing it.
That’s often a challenge. Lots of times the recording has two, three, or more guitars. Then it comes down to, which riffs are crucial and which are just meh.

That’s often a challenge. Lots of times the recording has two, three, or more guitars. Then it comes down to, which riffs are crucial and which are just meh.
It's fun though. Coming from humble beginnings, I started at churches with only 1 electric too, it can give you a few options... to try to figure out a way to do those 2 or 3 parts with one guitar (which is possible, hard but very possible) or to create a substitute part to make it completely your own. It's all up to the guitarist - granted you're in a church where the worship leader gives you that liberty.

Back