PRS In Church?

I have a McCarty in opaque Ocean Turquoise that I have to assume was originally in a church band. It’s just that color. Have a great weekend, folks.

I'll be serving at church this coming Sunday, 9/24/23.

You Are Good
The Way
Man Of Sorrows
Same God
Take My Life.

There have been about 3 occasions where someone from the congregation will ask me what kind of guitar that I'm using.
I tell them it's a Paul Reed Smith Vela. I've asked them if they play guitar and to my surprise they say "no I don't. But your guitar sounds so good I just wanted to know what make it is." Very surprising coming from someone who doesn't play.

Thank you Mr. PRS!

I don't look for compliments at all so when I get one I'm always surprised. I say "thank you" and then I go home.

Trust me, players like me are a dime a dozen. I'm just an average guitar player whos trying to do the best he can with what he's got. Well aware of my limitations.

I'll be serving at church this coming Sunday, 9/24/23.

You Are Good
The Way
Man Of Sorrows
Same God
Take My Life.

There have been about 3 occasions where someone from the congregation will ask me what kind of guitar that I'm using.
I tell them it's a Paul Reed Smith Vela. I've asked them if they play guitar and to my surprise they say "no I don't. But your guitar sounds so good I just wanted to know what make it is." Very surprising coming from someone who doesn't play.

Thank you Mr. PRS!

I don't look for compliments at all so when I get one I'm always surprised. I say "thank you" and then I go home.

Trust me, players like me are a dime a dozen. I'm just an average guitar player whos trying to do the best he can with what he's got. Well aware of my limitations.
Very cool. And the Vela is a very churchy guitar if you ask me. If I didn't have a starla, the Vela would be my next purchase for that very purpose

As promised, the office pic.
A couple of songs using single coil and a couple humbuckers. On the pedalboard, guitar to Green Rhino to DD500 to Boss reverb to JDI to board. Got compliments (4x from the WL) from some other guitar players. (But they also picked up on the slip ups)
Very cool!

Question. Since you are using IEMs, what is the purpose of thespeaker pointed at the stage?

Very cool!

Question. Since you are using IEMs, what is the purpose of thespeaker pointed at the stage?
Ummm…
I haven’t used the in ears for a while on stage. I use them a LOT at home. When the bass amp that we used for a bass monitor stopped working, I used in ears. But I was on lead guitar this week. On bass next week, so I might need to use them again.

Ummm…
I haven’t used the in ears for a while on stage. I use them a LOT at home. When the bass amp that we used for a bass monitor stopped working, I used in ears. But I was on lead guitar this week. On bass next week, so I might need to use them again.
Ah, I assumed you were all IEM, because of the A&H box next to the pedalboard: we use the same for our IEM monitoring system

Served yesterday. Was a baptism sunday and in two services we were blessed to baptise 50! Ranging from 10 to 82 yrs of age!

From the bands perspective it was quite the long haul, had to stretch the worship to about an hour and add a song we did not even prepared or practiced. You notice by my demeanor I was very focussed.

Served yesterday. Was a baptism sunday and in two services we were blessed to baptise 50! Ranging from 10 to 82 yrs of age!

From the bands perspective it was quite the long haul, had to stretch the worship to about an hour and add a song we did not even prepared or practiced. You notice by my demeanor I was very focussed.

Such a sweet privilege to be part of so many committing themselves to a new life.
I enjoyed the music.
Couldn’t see much of you… were you playing a soapy?

Well peeps, this thread is not as alive as the topic should be ;-)

Question for your church rockers: how many guitars do you bring? I usually take 2, just to have a spare in case I break a string (which is never) and for some flavouring. Always a struggle to choose which one to bring: all my guitars overlap to some degree, so it is a matter of taste. The starla overlaps with my CU22 with wolvetones, which in turns partially, but for a different part overlaps with my CU24 with 57/08.

My McSoapy is the biggest outlyer, but has bits n pieces of them all, next to its very own voice.

Next sunday it will be my starla and CU24, due to the fact that that some songs are more comfortable with a 24 fret neck.

Been playing in church for decades. I’ve never used more than one guitar. I usually find one song that might be pleading for a certain guitar, and that one is up for the week. Otherwise. I rotate between them for somewhat equal usage.

Been playing in church for decades. I’ve never used more than one guitar. I usually find one song that might be pleading for a certain guitar, and that one is up for the week. Otherwise. I rotate between them for somewhat equal usage.
It is a first world problem and I do rotate as well for the equal usage component. But especially in dense mixes some of my guitars punch a bigger hole in the fabric of drones, strings and general whoosss sounds.

Back