PRS In Church?

Never played the electric in a traditional church. We had an organ back then and the big thing was that the organ dude got a traditional pipe organ instead of an electronic.electric guitars were a no no there.

Never played the electric in a traditional church. We had an organ back then and the big thing was that the organ dude got a traditional pipe organ instead of an electronic.electric guitars were a no no there.
Back in the late 70s (yeah, I’m that old) I introduced my electric to our church that only used upright piano, organ and red hymnals. You should have seen the faces of the ones who were around the age I am now. Big Fender Twin Reverb and a cherry sunburst hollow body Gibson. I played along with the pastor (that helped) and the songs were more along the folk music line. No pedals and nice clean tone. That was a beginning for our church. Now we have a full band with multiple musicians and singers that trade off week by week.

Ok, not PRS related, but many of us can relate…
At practice last night doing Child of Love. I’m playing bass (little modded Mikro - She sounded AWESOME). And there’s a section where it’s just vocals, drums and a somewhat funky bass solo. And my TU-3 tuner starts cutting out…I kick it a couple of times and the sound comes back, and then a bit later it cuts out again, over and over…Oh well…

At practice last night doing Child of Love. I’m playing bass (little modded Mikro - She sounded AWESOME). And there’s a section where it’s just vocals, drums and a somewhat funky bass solo. And my TU-3 tuner starts cutting out…I kick it a couple of times and the sound comes back, and then a bit later it cuts out again, over and over…Oh well…
Oops

Close Enough For Slain In The Spirit...Or Rock N Roll....Or Something Like That. :) Did You Get Your Tuner Fixed? What Was Wrong With It? I Just Grabbed A Peterson LE Strobe And Look Forward To It Arriving. We Don't Always Think About Tuners Until We All Of A Sudden Have To!

Close Enough For Slain In The Spirit...Or Rock N Roll....Or Something Like That. :) Did You Get Your Tuner Fixed? What Was Wrong With It? I Just Grabbed A Peterson LE Strobe And Look Forward To It Arriving. We Don't Always Think About Tuners Until We All Of A Sudden Have To!
Turned out to be w cord issue. I had recently reconfigured the board to put the tuner (buffered) after the overdrives. I made the mistake of tie wrapping the patch cord in with the power wires, which put a bind on it and caused the cut-outs. So now I’ve got two tuners. Another board?

Turned out to be w cord issue. I had recently reconfigured the board to put the tuner (buffered) after the overdrives. I made the mistake of tie wrapping the patch cord in with the power wires, which put a bind on it and caused the cut-outs. So now I’ve got two tuners. Another board?
Why Yes Another Board And Even Possibly Another Tuner Just In Case One Of The Two You Have Goes Down...LOL. ;)

Well, a rig that is going down mid service is a disaster (speaking out of experience)., so another board is luxurious, but not without reason.

I bring my backup along, but all my devices are of the "in one" kind. Less points of faillure = better.

So, if everyone would indulge me for a minute, I'd like to utilize this thread post a video of one of my all time favorite ministry/church/worship rock songs which was recently redone by the "house band" at ministry headquarters during a Sunday teaching service. (Yes, PRS content present. Back story below.)

Back story. Somewhere around 1985 when I was first being introduced to some really intense biblical studies and training, there was a ministry insider/local rock star named Bob Stanley and a band called Acts 29. They released a "record" titled God First and this song with the title track. I wore out all those Acts 29 cassette tapes by listening to them so much. The guy playing the PRS guitar and singing in this video "Mike Martin" was among the ministry famous guitar players back then too. (Historically he always planed a Stratocaster style guitar.) Fast forward to today, Mike Martin is still playing guitar, but now, in the back row you see Colin Stanley who is Bob Stanley's son. He's the guy playing the bass to the same song his father wrote long before he was born. I still love this song!

So, if everyone would indulge me for a minute, I'd like to utilize this thread post a video of one of my all time favorite ministry/church/worship rock songs which was recently redone by the "house band" at ministry headquarters during a Sunday teaching service. (Yes, PRS content present. Back story below.)

Back story. Somewhere around 1985 when I was first being introduced to some really intense biblical studies and training, there was a ministry insider/local rock star named Bob Stanley and a band called Acts 29. They released a "record" titled God First and this song with the title track. I wore out all those Acts 29 cassette tapes by listening to them so much. The guy playing the PRS guitar and singing in this video "Mike Martin" was among the ministry famous guitar players back then too. (Historically he always planed a Stratocaster style guitar.) Fast forward to today, Mike Martin is still playing guitar, but now, in the back row you see Colin Stanley who is Bob Stanley's son. He's the guy playing the bass to the same song his father wrote long before he was born. I still love this song!
Great!
I’d love to see a lot more videos of all of us. They help us to grow and build our confidence. Also, it’s just great to see you all in action.

I enjoyed that! Catchy song and some great guitar tones happening!

I serve at church about once a month these days and I'll be up next on the 25th of this month. It will be the first time using my SE Standard 24 that I bought a few weeks ago. I use it with my Pod Go and some outboard pedals. Really been working on the tones lately and I believe I've got some pretty good ones going. I haven't told anyone that I bought the SE so it will be interesting to see the reaction when we have our rehearsal on the Wednesday prior to the Sunday service.

I enjoyed that! Catchy song and some great guitar tones happening!

I serve at church about once a month these days and I'll be up next on the 25th of this month. It will be the first time using my SE Standard 24 that I bought a few weeks ago. I use it with my Pod Go and some outboard pedals. Really been working on the tones lately and I believe I've got some pretty good ones going. I haven't told anyone that I bought the SE so it will be interesting to see the reaction when we have our rehearsal on the Wednesday prior to the Sunday service.
What amp(s) are you using with the POD?

Great idea! I will post the link to our livestream next time I play.
Thanks.
I haven’t had my first time on electric, (I’ve been on bass for decades). I’ll post my next service, if you’re ok with me on bass. I’ve been assured that I’ll get my chance on electric soon.

T
Thanks.
I haven’t had my first time on electric, (I’ve been on bass for decades). I’ll post my next service, if you’re ok with me on bass. I’ve been assured that I’ll get my chance on electric soon.
We do not discriminate between guitar and bass. Our favorite guitar builder makes them both ;-)

T

We do not discriminate between guitar and bass. Our favorite guitar builder makes them both ;-)
Ah, but there’s the rub. The electric is a very nice modded SE Custom 24. The bass is either a Ken Smith, a Guild or a modded Mikro.

Back