Pointy Guitars

Not completely pointy, but in the vain, a 1981 Washburn A20V.

LgQ6IfY.jpg

EwEvloJ.jpg
It looks like the points got lost on this guitar! They did not identify as points, so they are identifying instead as acute curves!! This guitar just seems confused and should probably seek professional help!!!

Bet she'd LOVE "Another Piece of Meat!" :p

Oh and by the way, Dave Mustaine heard that you didn't like the Scorps and he demanded that your screen name be changed from Hangar18 to "Manilow90210" I'm going to need your password so I can make the change.

Dave is always unhappy about something. It will be okay.

Way back in the day (early 80's) I thought that the BC Rich Mockingbird was ugly and I preferred the Warlock. But now, I really want a Mockingbird and think the Warlock is not so good looking. Age mellows, I guess. I occasionally check for some 70's to early 80's Mockingbirds but I just can't quite convince myself to pull the trigger for the price.

Other than that, I guess my Charvel Model 6 will have to cover the "pointy" side of m collection.
I had a charvel model 4 back in the day with the 3 mini toggles. Played the heck out of that thing.

That dang neck wouldn't budge no matter what tuning or how heavy the strings were.

I burned through volume pots on it though. Always adjusting volume even back then.

Crazy.

I'm a little guy and huge slabs of wood with points sticking out
all over the place look really stupid on me.
I tend to disappear behind them.

but...

I can wear an ES 335 with no problem whatsoever.

Go figure...
They don't look any better on a larger, slightly overweight guy either.

Ask me how I know??

I have a small scar on my forehead from an unscheduled meeting
with the headstock of a Fender P-Bass during a show a long time ago.
HA.... I took an ash tray to the forehead from across a crowded bar at a gig once!

Ashtray wasn't pointy thank God. It nearly knocked me out.

I got SUPER Pi$$ed and made a huge scene about it.

Nobody owned up to it. Got a bunch of free drinks afterwards though!

I never liked the Scorpions and didn't know anything about them back then. (Which reminds me of the time I was in a high school garage band and our female bass player recited a line for us from one of their songs "The ***** is hungry, she needs to tell, so give her inches and feed her well" as though she were both astonished and appalled at the same time.)

However, The first time I ever heard of a Flying V guitar was courtesy of the band Triumph and that 1981 album cover "Allied Forces" which featured a Flying V style guitar. But someone back then told me that Flying V's were impractical and only for use on stage to look cool. I foolishly believed that for the next 30 years until I actually played one. Now I own at least four of them.
I'm not a big scorpions fan either but the Black Out album was popular when I was in HS and I love to listen to it.

I had a charvel model 4 back in the day with the 3 mini toggles. Played the heck out of that thing.

That dang neck wouldn't budge no matter what tuning or how heavy the strings were.

I burned through volume pots on it though. Always adjusting volume even back then.

Crazy.
I had one of those, too. White one. It was a fun guitar.

Their brand new album is a flash back to that time period.

I saw these guys at the first Monster's Of Rock concert in Pontiac Michigan. They stole the show. Van Halen was the headline act and they had a high bar to reach after the Scorpions left the stage. Klaus has really retained his voice. He can still hit all of the notes in their old stuff. He has done a great job of taking care of himself.

Back