Pointy Guitars

My brother in law had a BC Rich Dimebag Darrel signature one that he left at my house for a month. I played it both standing up and sitting down and it felt like the guitar wanted to stab me lol

I don't have any pointy guitars today but maybe I'd get something like a Flying V in the future!

My brother in law had a BC Rich Dimebag Darrel signature one that he left at my house for a month. I played it both standing up and sitting down and it felt like the guitar wanted to stab me lol

I don't have any pointy guitars today but maybe I'd get something like a Flying V in the future!

The Gibson Flying V specs are incredibly comfortable to play. I wish I would have discovered this fact back in the 80's. But I didn't know anyone who had one back then and so I wound up favoring the Les Paul style of guitars. I had never heard of PRS guitars until the 2000's.

The Gibson Flying V specs are incredibly comfortable to play. I wish I would have discovered this fact back in the 80's. But I didn't know anyone who had one back then and so I wound up favoring the Les Paul style of guitars. I had never heard of PRS guitars until the 2000's.
Uh... (cough) Michael Schenker! (cough)

Does anyone know the true history of this guitar? I thought it was a Tremonti creation, but someone is arguing it is a Lady GaGa. Any truth to either of these tales? I do have a pic of Mark, Paul and Rich Hannon with it from 2015.
I don't remember the exact details, but it was a Tremonti thing. May have been an April Fools joke for all I can remember. It resides at Brian's now.

Is that an ex-Dino Cazares lacs?
No, although I had Cazares guitars in my hands, too. A friend of mine is a guitar collector. I bought this one from him back in 2007, I believe. It was a prototype or an employee model built by Matty Baratto, an Ibanez LA Custom Shop employee at that time. Cool guitar

Uh... (cough) Michael Schenker! (cough)
I never liked the Scorpions and didn't know anything about them back then. (Which reminds me of the time I was in a high school garage band and our female bass player recited a line for us from one of their songs "The ***** is hungry, she needs to tell, so give her inches and feed her well" as though she were both astonished and appalled at the same time.)

However, The first time I ever heard of a Flying V guitar was courtesy of the band Triumph and that 1981 album cover "Allied Forces" which featured a Flying V style guitar. But someone back then told me that Flying V's were impractical and only for use on stage to look cool. I foolishly believed that for the next 30 years until I actually played one. Now I own at least four of them.

Does anyone know the true history of this guitar? I thought it was a Tremonti creation, but someone is arguing it is a Lady GaGa. Any truth to either of these tales? I do have a pic of Mark, Paul and Rich Hannon with it from 2015.

I’m pretty sure I remember a picture of Mark T with the guitar.

You must be doing it wrong…:p

Thattttsssss…..

Not completely pointy, but in the vain, a 1981 Washburn A20V.

LgQ6IfY.jpg

EwEvloJ.jpg

Back