Pointy Guitars

PRSAK

I am only an egg
I love, love, love all my PRS guitars. But sometimes I just feel like going pointy!

nRkkGvl.jpg

I still like me some pointy guitars. I ran into one that was a model I really wanted back in the day. This has actually happened to me twice with the same model. I really debated on buying it both times but still walked out without them because the guitars just don't fit my playing style anymore and they were too expensive to just hang on the wall for a decoration. What was the guitar? They were both USA Jackson Soloist Customs.

Way back in the day (early 80's) I thought that the BC Rich Mockingbird was ugly and I preferred the Warlock. But now, I really want a Mockingbird and think the Warlock is not so good looking. Age mellows, I guess. I occasionally check for some 70's to early 80's Mockingbirds but I just can't quite convince myself to pull the trigger for the price.

Other than that, I guess my Charvel Model 6 will have to cover the "pointy" side of m collection.

I'm a little guy and huge slabs of wood with points sticking out
all over the place look really stupid on me.
I tend to disappear behind them.

but...

I can wear an ES 335 with no problem whatsoever.

Go figure...

Way back in the day (early 80's) I thought that the BC Rich Mockingbird was ugly and I preferred the Warlock. But now, I really want a Mockingbird and think the Warlock is not so good looking. Age mellows, I guess. I occasionally check for some 70's to early 80's Mockingbirds but I just can't quite convince myself to pull the trigger for the price.

Other than that, I guess my Charvel Model 6 will have to cover the "pointy" side of m collection.
I had a Warlock back in the late 80's. I really liked it. That was before they changed the headstock. Mine was an iridescent purple. It was a purple paint with a small blue metal flake in it. Believe it or not, it felt a lot like a strat when playing it.

Had a Warlock when fully immersed in a Death Metal band 20+ years ago... Just for a couple of months. The guitar was great but I felt ridiculous whenever I saw myself on a picture, so I went back to my super strats / single cuts.

That said, I'm pretty sure a V or a explorer will eventually be added to my collection. That V on the picture looks so sick!

I'm down with pointy guitars. I've got one of these....

YBqD3fz.jpg
Since the day they were announced I've wanted a Rhodes V. But I can't really "see" myself playing one. Especially now that most of my playing is blues and blues rock oriented.

That ESP would make a fair jousting weapon against my King V, Bodia! Nice axe.

I'm actually getting ready to put all but the white Dinky back in their cases and get a new set of guitars in rotation. But I'd never lined up my pointy guitars like this so thought I'd document (and share) the moment. That granite finish Dinky was a fun acquisition this year. 94 MIJ in perfect condition. Really a sweet guitar. I would never consider myself a shredder but sometimes it's fun to pretend!

That ESP would make a fair jousting weapon against my King V, Bodia! Nice axe.

I'm actually getting ready to put all but the white Dinky back in their cases and get a new set of guitars in rotation. But I'd never lined up my pointy guitars like this so thought I'd document (and share) the moment. That granite finish Dinky was a fun acquisition this year. 94 MIJ in perfect condition. Really a sweet guitar. I would never consider myself a shredder but sometimes it's fun to pretend!
Thanks! Indeed it would be a good thing to joust with!

I used to love pointy guitars although mostly classic Flying V type.
Had a few early Gibsons but all sold as they just did not suit my playing style but looked the bomb.
But spendy to just sit on a stand or hang on the wall.
Sold my last one which was a mid seventies Tokai Flying V in red metal flake for an outrageous amount on Reverb earlier this year.
Seemed outrageous to me compared to what I paid for it but I guess someone decided Tokai Flying V were a hot commodity.

Back