Photos, let's see 'em

pizza

cloTy4Y.jpg

Here’s something I’ve never seen in my life. It is EXTREMELY rare to see a bald eagle in the wild in Indiana, but to see a pair “up close” is a once in a lifetime (at least it is for me). I just took this 30 minutes ago. Sorry I didn’t have my better camera.

They built a nest and had young at a local wilderness lake close to my home. We’ve been following them for a couple of weeks. We were able to see a chick in the nest a week ago. Nest looked empty today. I hope the baby(s) made it.

Last edited:
Here’s something I’ve never seen in my life. It is EXTREMELY rare to see a bald eagle in the wild in Indiana, but to see a pair “up close” is a once in a lifetime (at least it is for me). I just took this 30 minutes ago. Sorry I didn’t have my better camera.

They built a nest and had young at a local wilderness lake close to my home. We’ve been following them for a couple of weeks. We were able to see a chick in the nest a week ago. Nest looked empty today. I hope the baby made it.

Are you near where Bob & Tom broadcast from? Tom has been posting eagle pics and talking about a nest or two around them.

They built a nest and had young at a local wilderness lake close to my home. We’ve been following them for a couple of weeks. We were able to see a chick in the nest a week ago. Nest looked empty today. I hope the baby(s) made it.

Bald Eagles are a fairly common sight around these parts, but I still get a thrill every time I see one.

Here's a photo I took on a whale watch a few years ago.
JTbdVgz.jpg

I took this one to test out a new camera a while back and like how it turned out.
42T5gUh.jpg

I've been wanting to return to bike riding for a long time. Until recently I was too out of shape to do so. Earlier this year I finally started riding again after about 30 years.

VKwPUIJ.jpg

I love mountain biking! I had one in Virginia but it wouldn't fit in my little 91 Toyota pickup when I moved to Arizona (unless I ditched some guitar equipment) so I left it behind. That was 1998. Just got another one finally this last Christmas, a gift from my wife. We have a bunch of mountain preserves right around us, and I've taken lots of photos.

k3C9M9K.jpg

Chollas
OWiMuKB.jpg

UahhaEd.jpg

dGqgP8R.jpg

VREgz2X.jpg

m7MQD8K.jpg

I love mountain biking! I had one in Virginia but it wouldn't fit in my little 91 Toyota pickup when I moved to Arizona (unless I ditched some guitar equipment) so I left it behind. That was 1998. Just got another one finally this last Christmas, a gift from my wife. We have a bunch of mountain preserves right around us, and I've taken lots of photos.

k3C9M9K.jpg

Chollas
OWiMuKB.jpg

UahhaEd.jpg

dGqgP8R.jpg

VREgz2X.jpg

m7MQD8K.jpg
At least it’s a dry heat....:D

k3C9M9K.jpg

Chollas
OWiMuKB.jpg

UahhaEd.jpg

dGqgP8R.jpg

VREgz2X.jpg

m7MQD8K.jpg

Groovy! I'm glad I'm able to bike again, and mountain biking has been great. I'm not doing anything risky nor too technical, mostly finding places I can ride through the woods and maintain distance. My favorite park is too busy, but I found another that's usually pretty sparse, especially one section. I've taken a few rides on an area rail-trail, too.

Back