NGD, Myers Blue!

I thought it looked great with the amber lampshade knobs too.

Will a non-adjustable US stoptail fit on these?

I’ve thought about a set of HFS pickups in my ZM also. What do you think of them in this guitar? Did you do a wiring swap too? If so what did you decide to go with for that?

Thanks!

I’ve thought about a set of HFS pickups in my ZM also. What do you think of them in this guitar? Did you do a wiring swap too? If so what did you decide to go with for that?

Thanks!

Ok so I’m going to be completely honest. The Core HFS/Vintage Bass pickups sound GREAT . Were they worth the $300 over the stock pickups? That’s ultimately up to the individual. Tone is so subjective, but for me....the answer is Yes it was worth it. I had the pickups already waiting for a different guitar, but Since I was changing out the hardware on the ZM to Gold, I decided to put them in. The stock “245” pickups sounded really, really good in the guitar, and would have been more than satisfied keeping them in. As far as wiring, I dropped in a Gun Streer Wiring harness. They sell a Metric size set, so no reaming for larger pots, and it’s a really nice quality harness. Here is a link to check it out:
https://reverb.com/item/5448384-gun...ul-standard-modern-metric-gold-wiring-harness
08w29Dd.jpg

that's an aweseom looking guitar.
SE's have come a long way

Am I the only one noticing the freakin' gold STRINGS that match the gold hardware? Please, do tell what kind those are! You don't see a lot of custom-colored strings (yes, I know they're out there) probably because they're the central element of "tone" and very, very personally subjective.

Am I the only one noticing the freakin' gold STRINGS that match the gold hardware? Please, do tell what kind those are! You don't see a lot of custom-colored strings (yes, I know they're out there) probably because they're the central element of "tone" and very, very personally subjective.
I still have two sets of Maxima Gold in inventory for special occasions. I used them on a black guitar with gold hardware for a few years.

DR Strings. I had a set of Seafoam strings on a '57 Reissue Seafoam Strat.

https://www.drstrings.com/coated-electric-neon-multi-color

That would be awesome! I just snagged a Panther Pink PIA. I may have to order some new strings!

Ooh - curious to hear about this one! And I've done some different color strings - blue, red, pink, black. Always nice to have fun with something goofy.

Yes! They are the Optima “Maxiflex” Strings. I stumbled onto them a few months ago, and fell in love with them. The Gold plating is not a gimmick, they do not corrode, and last way longer than “normal” nickel strings. They also sound really nice (to my ears). A bit pricy @ $23 a pack, but I love the way they feel and sound, and don’t need to be changed nearly as much so it kind of balances out.

Yes! They are the Optima “Maxiflex” Strings. I stumbled onto them a few months ago, and fell in love with them. The Gold plating is not a gimmick, they do not corrode, and last way longer than “normal” nickel strings. They also sound really nice (to my ears). A bit pricy @ $23 a pack, but I love the way they feel and sound, and don’t need to be changed nearly as much so it kind of balances out.

As used by Sir Brian!

Wow! That top!!! You’re right though, amazing colour. Congrats.

Back