Photos, let's see 'em

Cool ride!

Thanks, yeah I guess I like to suffer. I ride it every weekend, usually 40 miles round trip, but sometimes like today we combine it with other rides to get more miles. Every time we reach the top, my girlfriend and I are just cussing that hill. Yet we seem to find our selves right back at it every weekend. Isn't that the definition of crazy, or something like that? ;)

jCFvueS.jpg

One of the hills on my ride today. A little over 300 vertical in under .5 miles. Awesome place to ride, beautiful hill country scenery, I can ride from my home, and you dodge more deer than cars.

That looks like a fun hill. We usually ride the old rail trails here - my wife can't really do the hills. I get a nice 12-15 miles in, she goes about 8. There is a hill in one direction, but I don't go that way often. I did try to ride the hill up to my house a few years ago - it's just a tad steeper than that, especially the last kick. It didn't go well. My gears didn't shift like I wanted, and when they popped, down I went. There's also a hill near the trail that's semi-Alpe d'Huez-like - a couple hairpin turns and fairly steep. I did better there, but didn't get to the top like I hoped. It's also bad for traffic, so I don't like riding it. I did that one at the end of about a 15-mile ride.

Allegany? I’ve been thinking of taking that east.

I have to check the official name. The leg we ride eventually runs to Pittsburgh. To the east, I think it connects to another trail to ultimately go to DC - they have a ride there every year, I think. It's a nice ride. I used to go on a longer ride once or twice a year - it was always fun to get to a section of the trail I don't see often.

Edit: Yep - Great Allegheny Passage. We get on at Boston, PA and usually ride east. I did ride the opposite direction one year, but everything wasn't linked up and it turned into a street ride through a less-than-desirable part of town, so I turned around. Shame, because if you ride far enough the other direction, you can pass an amusement park and water park, and I'd love to see them from that side.

I have to check the official name. The leg we ride eventually runs to Pittsburgh. To the east, I think it connects to another trail to ultimately go to DC - they have a ride there every year, I think. It's a nice ride. I used to go on a longer ride once or twice a year - it was always fun to get to a section of the trail I don't see often.

Edit: Yep - Great Allegheny Passage. We get on at Boston, PA and usually ride east. I did ride the opposite direction one year, but everything wasn't linked up and it turned into a street ride through a less-than-desirable part of town, so I turned around. Shame, because if you ride far enough the other direction, you can pass an amusement park and water park, and I'd love to see them from that side.
I’ve ridden the C&O which it connects to a couple of hours in each direction from I81. I think it amounted to Harpers Ferry to the DC beltway.

Just checked that out on google maps. Looks like dirt/gravel, and a lot of fun. What type of bikes are y'all riding?

We have had so much rain that our mountain bike trails are too muddy right now, so roadie only for awhile.

Just checked that out on google maps. Looks like dirt/gravel, and a lot of fun. What type of bikes are y'all riding?

We have had so much rain that our mountain bike trails are too muddy right now, so roadie only for awhile.

Diamondback mountain bike. When I bought it, the guy at the shop sold me tires that are flat on the main tread, knobby on the sides. Nicer feel. Didn’t want a road bike for the trail - I wasn’t sure how it would hold up. Probably well, based on what I’ve seen, but I’m not sure the riding position would suit me.

Diamondback mountain bike. When I bought it, the guy at the shop sold me tires that are flat on the main tread, knobby on the sides. Nicer feel. Didn’t want a road bike for the trail - I wasn’t sure how it would hold up. Probably well, based on what I’ve seen, but I’m not sure the riding position would suit me.
I'm wearing out my knobby tires so that I can get a set of Schwalbe Hurricanes. Love the hybrid tire idea.
https://www.schwalbetires.com/bike_tires/off-road_tires/hurricane_hs499

OK.
Now we have a bicycle thread.
(...and yes I already posted there.)
So more photos here.

Before digital.
Before photoshop was even a word.
There was film, darkrooms, lots of chemicals involved.
You could manipulate photographs but it was very involved.
I guess it was "analog photoshop".
This is a piece of "analog photoshopping" I did in the early '70's.
It's called "Last Plane Out". (I actually sold this one.)

IOM7d3cg.jpg

Back