Our we addicted to guitar, or do we just like it?

well if repeating myself was a crime i would sure be on probation. didn’t want to embarrass you dt, just interested.
Oh no, I don't think I've ever mentioned that about my dad before, it was my story that I said people would be bored with. They've all heard about how seriously I took it and how hard I worked to be really good, then the broken wrist that caused a 10 year break from playing, and thus sale of all my guitars except one, and how I couldn't stand not playing and did stretching exercises for several years so I could start playing again, etc. etc.

I was raised in a family of musicians and singers. My dad had several albums out by the time he was 21, but when he got married he refused to tour or he would have continued a professional career in music. My mother was a concert level pianist. We had company all the time growing up, and they would sing and play for hours. We had a grand piano in our living room from the time I was old enough to remember and we moved the last one out after my mother passed.

My parents were into music in a big way, too. My mom was an excellent sight reader and was into musical theater as a performer; my dad played well. We also had a grand piano and a Hammond organ in the living room. Had a lot of fun with that.

My parents were into music in a big way, too. My mom was an excellent sight reader and was into musical theater as a performer; my dad played well. We also had a grand piano and a Hammond organ in the living room. Had a lot of fun with that.
When you grow up around it all the time like that, it's sort of ingrained into you. I went to watch my sister sing last night, and I've mentioned before that my brother is in 3 different Gospel groups and any of the three is good enough to tour.

When you grow up around it all the time like that, it's sort of ingrained into you. I went to watch my sister sing last night, and I've mentioned before that my brother is in 3 different Gospel groups and any of the three is good enough to tour.

That's fantastic! He must be a terrific singer.

Yup, it's ingrained. My son caught the music disease, too. It's a pandemic in my family. ;)

I wished I could sing when I was younger and play guitar at the same time, but could barely croak out the notes. My mind was on other things, like telling roommate's Dad jokes from college.

Back