Number 1

Bluesboy998

Just out of curiosity do you have a number one guitar.When I gig I normally bring three guitars,two PRSI and one I won't name.but I always end up playing my Mira Hollowbody this guitar does everything I ask it to do,extremely comfortable to play and sounds great.

Number 1A is a Tobacco Burst DGT from '09. 1B is an Orange Tiger Burst Wood Library DGT from '11. The '09 has a little more nasty to it than the '11.

Three others make the rotation: 2A is a piezo-equipped HB1 from '02....it had a four-year reign as number one. Use when I want something with a little more air in the tone, or when I want/need the piezo. 2B is a '12 DGT standard...a different tone than the other DGTs, I use this when I want a big, sweet, neck pickup tone.

I also have a P24 that I've had for about a year and a half. Use it when I need something different, or a solidbody tone with the piezo.

My current #1 that I've been gigging with for the past 6 months. I don't bring any other guitars with, just a fresh pack of EB STHB strings, just in case.

SC250 Satin AP

Obligatory live pic for proof it doesn't just lounge on my front porch.

I'm not in a band, so I don't gig, but my "Number 1" now rotates between 3 different guitars.

My SE Custom 24 - since I've had it the longest, I've had time to get it set up perfect to my liking

Wood Library SH 408... Still need to do a little set up on it, really just lower the action a half millimeter or so, but I love the tone I get from this, and the IRW neck is just too sweet, I just get sick of the smell after a while, lol.

And finally my Vela, mostly because it doesn't weigh anything, also because it sounds awesome

I should probably throw my 30th anniversary in the mix, but honestly I just haven't bonded with it yet. I love the guitar, but just don't play it too often.

Fir me it's a question of "#1 for what thing?"

Mine are so different sounding that neither steps on the other's toes.

The 30th sounds amazing with the DG30 amp, I like the McCarty Singlecut with the HXDA. Both get used a lot, the choice depending on what I'm doing. On the other hand, I never get tired of pictures of either one...

I was really into my solid body 408 after I just picked it up but the honeymoon is over and I'm back to playing my HB mainly.

I haven't been in a band in almost 5 years but when I was, I used the CU24 most of the time. Now I play just about everyday and make myself pickup a different guitar each time. My favorite is still the CU24 then it goes, in order, Al Di, Paul's, 59/09, SC58, 305. I have a Parker and a 2Tek Tele I play every once and a while as well.

I need to update my group shot with the 305 but here's a pic of the rest of them.
IMG_0169_resize_zpsqozze67s.jpg

R to L - Paul's, 5909Ltd, SC58, Al Di, CU24.

I go in phases. Ce22 with dragon 1s, Ce24 with 5708s, custom 24 with 5909s. All three are fabulous.

Cu24 is getting the mann trem this week. I'll post pics when it's installed.

I should also mention the McCarty my wife bought me. It now has M pickups and lots of rosewood bling. I like my McCarty but I'm really into trem guitars.

I love that SC250 above, I wanna brand new one.
Will settle for a Tremonti like that with the adjustable bridge.

Out of all my guitars...

1.jpg

The 408 gets the most hands on, and I only play at home.
Need to find a forum member that lives close by to maybe jam with some day.

26.jpg

This was my first PRS and first real guitar. It is still my #1if I'm forced to choose one. I use each of mine as #1 at some point as I play. It depends on what tone I'm after. Each one does something different. Each one feels different.
Em3.jpg

I love that SC250 above, I wanna brand new one.
Will settle for a Tremonti like that with the adjustable bridge.

Out of all my guitars...

1.jpg

The 408 gets the most hands on, and I only play at home.
Need to find a forum member that lives close by to maybe jam with some day.

26.jpg

That 408 is very nice looking.

Back